Hello from BC, Canada

Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard!

Up here in 100 Mile.

Would be great to grab a beer/coffee and chat about your trip!

Cheers,
Andy
Sounds like a plan. If you find yourself on the Okanagan give me a shout.

Welcome welcome welcome

Big thanks to everyone for the welcoming. Already some great topics of discussion on here I have been able to comb through. On a side note; I find these African game rifles striking a cord being the dark walnut and deep blued iron sighted works of art. I believe a Model 70 Safari Express is in my future!

Welcome neighbor. (I'm in Alberta) Glad you decided to join! Hunting Africa is something I just assumed I would never be able to do, but it's much more achievable than I had thought. One trip and I was hooked! Africa becomes a part of you.
It sounds like you are a very experienced woodsman who spends most of his time outdoors. Make sure you get the right type of hunt for yourself. There are many, many options available and only you will know what truly suits you best! Enjoy yourself on this site.... Many people here will be willing to help in whatever ways they can.

Welcome, I feel like most fellow BC’er growing up with so much Crown land and access we are spoiled with huge tracts of land and no fences.

And because of this most enjoy the same in Africa, the wild places as I call them. Yes it’ll cost you more then other places, but it is worth it 100%. I know a few guys hunted smaller acreages in SA and it just wasn’t the same feeling, and the expierence was not what they hoped for. But then I know there is places that do it right or are large enough so it’s not a rule there are lots of exceptions I’m sure.

I saved up and hunted buff the Zambezi Valley. Hope to go back, Zambia, Tanzania, Moz, Botswana all places I hope to see too.

Best of luck, this exchange rate is killing my chances of going back soon, can’t stomach the 25-30%. A 15-20k usd hunt will end up being 25-30k CAD and when I think about the difference of living just 20 miles further south and being paid the same wage and a hunt that much cheaper it grinds my gears hahaha

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the AH brotherhood Andy! If you decide to hunt Mozambique, please don't hesitate to contact me for details. We have over 4 million acres of some of the best hunting in Africa! Again, welcome and enjoy conversing with some great people on AH!

Welcome to the site Andy.
When you are ready for a safari give us a shout and we'll work up a quote for you.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Welcome Andy,

A lot of good information here and you will be able to find exactly what you are looking for. Never hesitate to ask questions!

All my best,

Jacques

Never.truely.lost, how many more years will it be before your son is through school? Getting a Winchester in a suitable caliber is a good start, particularly if it is a 375 H&H. Don't limit yourself to new ones, there might be a pre 64 available if you look a little bit. But for the near term enjoy reading both new and old posts that are of interest to you, rest assured you will be spending many happy hours doing so. BTW welcome aboard. I live in Michigan about two miles West of Canada, the exchange rate fluctuates as to who gets the better of the deal, just be patient, your time is coming.

Welcome to the AH brotherhood Andy! If you decide to hunt Mozambique, please don't hesitate to contact me for details. We have over 4 million acres of some of the best hunting in Africa! Again, welcome and enjoy conversing with some great people on AH!
What are your prices?

Up here in 100 Mile.

Would be great to grab a beer/coffee and chat about your trip!

Cheers,
Andy
You posted that you were interested in Model 70 Winchesters. I have two, great guns. But check out Rugers African model (my brother in Chetwynd has one in .375 R - very nice) and CZ550 - very popular in Africa with the PH's. I have one and it's very accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg