Breen Smith

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
This was my first trip to Africa. It was awesome! I'm a bow hunter. I recently attended a class in Las Vegas about arrow penetration. I decided to bring two bows; a bow with light fast arrows and another with heavy arrows. I was more than surprised at the results. I made a video about my experience. This video is a gift to Hans de Klerk, its a thank you for the wonderful experience my wife and I had hunting with him. I hope that other first timers coming to Africa to bow hunt may avoid the mistake of bringing the wrong equipment. I also hope that other first timers choose a very reputable outfitter like Hans de Klerk. I hope you enjoy the video:

For questions about the hunt and things you should know to protect yourself...... you can reach me at my email at the end of the video.

I"d love to hear from you.
Breen Smith

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.03.17 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DE KLERK SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
Hey Breen
Thanks for the kind words.
Happy hunting.
Hans

cagkt3

Titanium supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Congrats, and nice video!

buckmarkhunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Nice video. I had the same thought for my trip coming up this spring for my first safari. I found the Shaeffer performance archery sight and bought 2. They are removable but “snap”into place.
I have one set for Cape buffalo and one for Plainsgame. I have arrows for each to coordinate with. Was cheaper than 2 bows and easier to pack. At least that is my thought on it.

Hunter101

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF,MDF
Hunted
Nambia, South africa, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Pennsylvania, British Columbia, KY,IL, Oklahoma
Nice video Africa sure is a fun places to bowhunt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashus-disappearus

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob
xausa wrote on Challer's profile.
I don't know where you're located, but I'd be happy to let you try out my Krieghoff. I'm located in West Tennessee and the local gun club has a skeet layout and is located not far from my farm. We're about five miles from the Kentucky state line and about 100 miles west of Nashville.
I just joined today, I live in Louisiana. I joined mostly because of all of the 35 Whelen discussion as I am now very interested In the 35 Whelen. I have an 1885 Highwall that J.E.S.S. rebored to 35 Whelen

Also own 338s 375 and both a 416 rem and Rigby