Hello from BC, Canada

never.truly.lost

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Joining here from British Columbia. First heard about this site on the PH Journals podcast and while on the hunt for Courteney Boots (Jim from Africa Sporting Creations is a great guy as an aside!)

Really hadn't thought too hard about hunting in Africa until digging a bit more in to the bush/safari type hunts. The stereotype Africa hunt of fancy lodges and sitting in a blind wasn't really catching my interest; but while digging around a bit more and learning about the different types of hunts available, I have really started to give it some serious thought as something to save for.

Thanks for hosting this site and I look forward reading everything I can!

Cheers,
Andy

Welcome to AH Andy! Nice to have you join the conversation and looking forward to your contribution. Have fun exploring the site!

Good morning all,

Joining here from British Columbia. First heard about this site on the PH Journals podcast and while on the hunt for Courteney Boots (Jim from Africa Sporting Creations is a great guy as an aside!)

Really hadn't thought too hard about hunting in Africa until digging a bit more in to the bush/safari type hunts. The stereotype Africa hunt of fancy lodges and sitting in a blind wasn't really catching my interest; but while digging around a bit more and learning about the different types of hunts available, I have really started to give it some serious thought as something to save for.

Thanks for hosting this site and I look forward reading everything I can!

Cheers,
Andy
Welcome to AH! Where are you at? I'm living in Armstrong.

Hi and welcome!
Sounds like a remote buffalo hunt might be the thing for you? Tented camp, big area, wilderness situation and who knows what around the next corner.
It's an on foot pursuit through tracking, then getting close on the right one, then time to make a pretty important shot on a dangerous animal.

Welcome to AH!

Andy,

Thank you for your kind words and one pair closer to putting a pair of Courteney boots on every man, woman and child in North America!

Best Regards,

Jim

Hello never.truly.lost,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

If a man owns not much more than a Mauser rifle, khaki clothes, and a pair of well worn Courteney boots, with the red dust of Africa on them, he is truly a wealthy man.

Cheers,
Velo Dog

Andy, welcome to the AH forum! BC is an absolutely beautiful place!

Welcome to AH Andy. As you’ve already found this is a great site for learning about hunting Africa.
You are absolutely correct, a safari is worth saving for. Your first safari is the hunt of a lifetime.

Hi Andy, welcome to AH !

Welcome Andy. You will walk for miles, drip sweat, scratch your legs and burn your neck. But around the evening fire with the lions and hyenas just out of the light you will know - I am alive! Hunting Africa is many things, adrenaline, excitement, dog tired, but always an adventure to be remembered and cherished forever. Save , sell everything, and come.

Welcome Andy. You will walk for miles, drip sweat, scratch your legs and burn your neck. But around the evening fire with the lions and hyenas just out of the light you will know - I am alive! Hunting Africa is many things, adrenaline, excitement, dog tired, but always an adventure to be remembered and cherished forever. Save , sell everything, and come.

Sounds like my day job with a difference in fauna! Once I can get my boy graduated the plane ticket will be in the pocket.

Welcome Andy.

Welcome to AH. If its hunting Africa or just Africa info your looking for this is the site. Lots of first hand straight forward info from those that have been there and will go back. I would strongly recommend doing what it takes to go on safari. From a fellow BC er, (Vancouver Island) its not your typical wet, cold all week wait for a glimpse of game type hunt. Can have what ever hunt you like, all are outstanding experiences and memories.

Welcome to AH.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!