Hi from NJ

Hello Wolfy6688,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I am sorry to hear of your father’s passing before the two of you could go to Africa as a team.
Sounds like he was a good man and a wonderful father.

Kind regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello and Welcome to AH Wolfy6688. You will find a ton of info here and meet great people!
And yes a Buffalo Hunt should be on every 10 year olds dream list.

Welcome to AH Wolfy6688 ! Enjoy the forum.

Greetings Wolfy,
Nice to read that your dream to hunting buffalo is still there, we doing two areas in Zambia and it would be great to planning your safari. Without any loose ends in a part of Africa that is the "real Africa" on private owned open farms, with focus on best hunting and high quality accommodation, so if you like more information you are most welcome to contact us at: booking@mbizi.com

Alex buff Mbizi.jpg

Welcome to the forum , I am sure that you will get great advice from the AHF and it’s members.. Happy to help if need be . All the very best
Wayne

Welcome to AH Wolfy

Enjoy the site and research.

Please let me know if we can be of any assistance.

Regards

Rouan

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH.com Wolfy 6688.
Lots of good solid info on this site.
If we can help in any way just send us an e-mail.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Hi
Hi everyone,

I’m so happy to find this forum! I posted on Facebook asking about buffalo hunts and someone suggested this site, and I’ve been reading a ton.

I’m really lucky my dad introduced me to hunting and fishing when I was very young. I got my first bow when I was 4 and stood VERY close to the targets :) we also went fishing all the time and when I was a little older added on some target shooting and hunting with guns.

I’ve wanted to hunt cape buffalo since I was about 10. Totally normal for all ten year old girls. Right? But an African Safari with my dad was going to be my college graduation gift - but he passed away before we could go. He was my fishing and hunting buddy and I haven’t really done either since he’s gone because it’s just not the same. I did go salmon fishing in Alaska last year and recently decided to still make plans for my buffalo hunt too!

So now that I’ve found the forum here, I’m REALLY enjoying the trip reports and photos, and reading all about it. Thanks to everyone who posts, you’re helping me learn a ton.

Hi Wolfy6688

You will most certainly be able to find what you are looking for on the forum! The planning is part of the excitement...

Before you make a decision on where to hunt there are a few criteria you need to settle first. Obviously budget is important as prices for a Cape Buffalo hunt can range from $8,000 to $25,000 depending on what you are looking for and like most things you get what you pay for! You can do a good value fenced hunt in South Africa for less and often this is a good starting point if you are looking at Africa as a regular hunting destination or if you are looking for a wilderness unfenced African adventure then I would say you need to look at Zimbabwe first and then Zambia, Tanzania and Mozambique. These hunts are usually a bit more expensive but it depends on the minimum criteria that you have in your mind.

Tromberg Hunting Safaris manage one of Africa's oldest and most famous Buffalo hunting areas in Zimbabwe namely MATETSI UNIT ONE and of course we would be happy to quote you with no obligations or give you any other advice you might need. Feel free to contact us at any time

Hi everyone,

I’m so happy to find this forum! I posted on Facebook asking about buffalo hunts and someone suggested this site, and I’ve been reading a ton.

I’m really lucky my dad introduced me to hunting and fishing when I was very young. I got my first bow when I was 4 and stood VERY close to the targets :) we also went fishing all the time and when I was a little older added on some target shooting and hunting with guns.

I’ve wanted to hunt cape buffalo since I was about 10. Totally normal for all ten year old girls. Right? But an African Safari with my dad was going to be my college graduation gift - but he passed away before we could go. He was my fishing and hunting buddy and I haven’t really done either since he’s gone because it’s just not the same. I did go salmon fishing in Alaska last year and recently decided to still make plans for my buffalo hunt too!

So now that I’ve found the forum here, I’m REALLY enjoying the trip reports and photos, and reading all about it. Thanks to everyone who posts, you’re helping me learn a ton.
Wolfy6688
Welcome aboard. It is hard losing a father that is also your best friend. You have my sincere condolences. My father and I never got to do the trip he wanted us to do either.
When you do go to Africa be assured your father will be there in some way even if it's in a rifle he once used.
You have entered a great forum, heaps of information, general banter and joking around and an alround group of great people.
Cheers
Bob Nelson

Welcome and enjoy. This site certainly makes quarantine a little easier.

Hi everyone,

Good Day and a warm welcome to the AH forum, I am sure you will enjoy it.

I have noted your interest in hunting a Cape Buffalo. I think you will agree that there is just to much uncertainty at this stage that might impact on any plan stitched together now, however this will allow enough time to plan your trip and assess how Covid 19 is going to play out. I am sure we will face a "new normal" in many ways which will change the look and feel of most businesses on the one side and create opportunity on the other side, more specifically relating to conservation and game management.

Game Trackers Africa (GTA) is a long standing Outfitting operation facilitating predominantly free-ranging safaris in Tanzania, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa and Cameroon. Our South African concessions are large fenced areas ranging from 4000 acres to in excess of 10000 acres.

GTA's diverse offering in Safari areas in five countries provides clients with more flexibility to tailor their Safari to fit their specific need considering their planned journey, experience expectation and specie diversity selection.

You are welcome to contact us with your specific needs or general plan and we can assist to design your Safari in terms of country , best time and specie list for your consideration and get to business once we understand the "new normal" and have clarity on travel restrictions etc.

Stay safe and kind regards

Hello and welcome to the forum! My condolences for loosing your father before you guys could make your trip to Africa.

You will find a wealth of information and offers on the forum and please do not hesitate to post any questions you might have at any time.

Enjoy planning your safari, it is all part of the great experience.

All my best,

Jacques Spamer

Hi everyone,

Welcome welcome! If there was ever a place to learn about buff hunting or to acquire info this is surely it! We have sent you a message and look forward to hopefully starting a conversation with you!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly and Michael Sippel

Hi and welcome to the forum!

We offer specials on hunts for female hunters, since we really support the idea of more female hunters in the hunting scene.
We have hunted with some great ladies, including huntress in heels blogger and huntress, Rhonda West.

contact us if you would like us to set up a special package for you.

Regards,
Natasha Hughes

Welcome to the family and the forum @Wolfy6688! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH Wolfy6688. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.