- Oil Field Security
Share This Page
AH ENABLER, Male, from Anchorage
GOLD SUPPORTER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend
I spent most of my money on proper rifles and big game hunting, the rest I just wasted. Sep 28, 2017
- Velo Dog was last seen:
- Jun 10, 2019 at 10:24 AM
- Oil Field Security
- State/Province of residence:
- Country of residence:
- How did you find AfricaHunting.com?:
- About You:
- I'm not very keen on trophy book records but I am very keen on fair chase hunting and fishing.
- I am a:
- Member of:
- NRA Life Member.
- Have you hunted in Africa?:
- Number of times I have hunted in Africa:
- My favorite African country:
- South Africa 3 times, Namibia 2 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Species I have hunted in Africa:
- Successfully Hunted: gemsbok, greater kudu, southern impala, bush duiker, klipspringer, common reedbok, mountain reedbok, steinbok, warthog, blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, red hartebeest, springbok, Burchell's zebra, Hartmann's zebra, Chacma baboon, Limpopo bushbuck, blesbok, Cape eland and Cape buffalo (plus grouse, pigeons, doves and such likes). Some of the above I have taken in multiples. There are several more African species that I have actually hunted but did not get a shot at (bushpig, nyala, jackal, etc).
- My best African Trophy:
- Countless memories over my lifetime, from hunting and fishing in many places.
- My favorite African trophies:
- The smell of thornbush and nitro powder smoke, lingering in my nostrils.
- My preferred weapon(s):
Model 98 Mausers, Model 602 and Model 600 Brno Mausers, double rifles (double barreled shotguns as well) and single shot rifles (Farquarsons, Martinis and Rugers), in calibers and gauges suitable for whatever I am hunting.
Pole spears and spearguns as well, (for "fish hunting".)
- What weapon(s) do you hunt with?:
- My preferred optic(s):
- Gear I cannot live without:
- Where do I begin?
- My best hunting tip:
- Throw away your tape measure.
- My other interests:
Grouse hunting with small bore shotguns over dogs.
Fly fishing (fresh and salt).
Spear fishing (snorkelgear, pole spear and / or spear gun).
Cooking, wine paring and hosting dinner parties.