Hello from Idaho

Welcome welcome welcome

Any info or pricing etc you may need feel free to ask away

Have a great “greenhorn package” on ah would suit you guys well

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Much appreciated. I’ve been an avid hunter since I was about 7 years old shooting ground squirrels on the family ranch here in Idaho. My Dad was an outfitter in the 1960’s and I killed my first deer in one of his camps. I was an outfitter and guide myself in the Frank Church Wilderness Area here in Idaho for about 25 years, mostly for deer, elk, and sheep with a few cougar and bear hunts. I’ve hunted elk and deer primarily in Idaho and Montana, elk in New Mexico, deer in Nevada, Colorado, and Utah. I’ve taken a nice Rocky Mountain Bighorn here in Idaho and a beautiful Dall sheep from Alaska. I had a great Red Stag hint on the South Island of New Zealand a few years ago.
I primarily hunt with the Winchester 30-06 my dad bought me when I was a teenager but have an older 300 Weatherby Mag I use as well. I also have the usual .22’s, .223, etc and several handguns, one an old S&W Model 29 .44 mag I inherited from my Dad. I used to handload a fair amount, but have moved around a bit the last many years and am in the process of getting set back up. I’ve been primarily archery hunting the last 15 years or so, not very good at it but sure have a lot of fun. Did kill an awesome bull this fall tho with the help of my brother and nephew and his boy. Looking forward to a trip to Africa just to see the country and wildlife and if I could harvest a couple nice critters, that’d be pretty nice too.

Welcome to the site McFar.
If you need any information feel free to ask.
Lots of people on this site who can help.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Welcome to AH.

We have a great deal on kudu and Eland, see below.

Welcome to AH, you have found a great place to start your journey to hunt Africa.

mcfar, welcome to the AH forum! It sounds like you have had a fun life so far.
Here’s wishing you and your son a grand Africa adventure! Enjoy and we’re expecting a report and lots of pictures!;)

Hello Mcfar,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Also, Khomas Safari’s flagship critter is the Kudu.
These are truly wild kudu, not farm raised.
They are hunted on our not-game-fenced property, located in geography, somewhat comparable to a few parts of Idaho that, you are no doubt very familiar with.

Anyway, no matter who you decide to book with, there are several African countries that offer hunting today.
And, most of the safari outfits advertising here in the world’s greatest forum, are quite good.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

He everyone, I am new to this forum. Planning a trip to Africa with my son. Hoping to chase Kudu and a few other plains game. Great site filled with some super useful information.
mcfar

You came to the right Forum to gather information to make it possible to go on an African safari. Enjoy the planning process; it is a fun part of creating memories to cherish forever.

Let us know how we could be of assistance.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH. GTA facilitate hunting safaris in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Tanzania. I noted your interest, please feel free to email me with your goals and expectations for further discussion.
Have a nice day

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Much appreciated. I’ve been an avid hunter since I was about 7 years old shooting ground squirrels on the family ranch here in Idaho. My Dad was an outfitter in the 1960’s and I killed my first deer in one of his camps. I was an outfitter and guide myself in the Frank Church Wilderness Area here in Idaho for about 25 years, mostly for deer, elk, and sheep with a few cougar and bear hunts. I’ve hunted elk and deer primarily in Idaho and Montana, elk in New Mexico, deer in Nevada, Colorado, and Utah. I’ve taken a nice Rocky Mountain Bighorn here in Idaho and a beautiful Dall sheep from Alaska. I had a great Red Stag hint on the South Island of New Zealand a few years ago.
I primarily hunt with the Winchester 30-06 my dad bought me when I was a teenager but have an older 300 Weatherby Mag I use as well. I also have the usual .22’s, .223, etc and several handguns, one an old S&W Model 29 .44 mag I inherited from my Dad. I used to handload a fair amount, but have moved around a bit the last many years and am in the process of getting set back up. I’ve been primarily archery hunting the last 15 years or so, not very good at it but sure have a lot of fun. Did kill an awesome bull this fall tho with the help of my brother and nephew and his boy. Looking forward to a trip to Africa just to see the country and wildlife and if I could harvest a couple nice critters, that’d be pretty nice too.

Nice ! What part of idaho are you from ? I'm here in the Clearwater.

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Congrats on your trip. Ask lots of questions and make some new friends. Enjoy!

Welcome!

My wife and I enjoyed hunting in your beautiful state a few years back.

Welcome! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross