Hello!

Welcome to the site, you will definitely find your outfitter of choice here. Please also don’t hesitate to visit Spear Safaris website, or email them on info@spearsafaris.com
Cheers Ernest

Welcome Sir. You have found the right place. If we can be any help here in Botswana please let us know.

Welcome to the forum @igoswoop . All the best with your research. All of the information can often become overwhelming, but don't forget to enjoy every moment. It is all part of the process. Please don't hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to the best site on the interweb for everything hunting Africa. Good luck on your quest.

Hello igoswoop,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you get a minute, have a peep at our web site, especially our video on buffalo.
We hunt them in the Caprivi Strip / Zambezi Region, no game fence, true free range.

Your .308 Winchester will serve you well on most non dangerous critters in Africa.
Likewise your .308 Norma Magnum would be a very good one.

The .375 H&H is my favorite hunting cartridge of all time.
If you use the search feature and look for my postings, approximately 3 years ago, I wrote a lengthy account of using this caliber in Namibia for “plains game”, including eland.

Generally a decent shot, nonetheless this time I muffed my first round into the magnificent bull, as he was facing me, in very thick bush.
The resulting foot pursuit was through the thorns.
And, the fleeting, bad angled follow up shots are one of the many reasons that I like the .375 so much.

Anyway, no matter who you decide to book with, you’re going to turn a double back flip when you see Africa.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

PS:

The “magnificent bull” was an eland.

Cheers.

Hello Igoswoop, welcome. Is your 30-30 a lever gun? There was a thread a few months back debating whether the 30-30 has a place in Africa? It certainly does! My Marlin has now taken a couple of warthog close and bush pig at around 200m. The previous owner took a blesbok. Next up will be impala, and who knows what else, but for sure this handy little rifle will sit next to my 375's for ever.
8BA1273A-4077-4A2F-810F-B4AD824229D9.jpeg

Hi,

Yes - both the .30-30 & the .45-70 are lever guns (Marlin 336 & an 1895GG). They are just the ticket in the thick stuff we have here. I'm often amazed by all the guys that carry their bolt guns in the woods here with such hi magnification optics for shots under 100yds. Fun at the range but definitely not needed.

That's a nice tally to add to your Marlin. We've got so many pigs around here in FL I think I'll be looking for some other species at first but warthog is on the list at some point. Perhaps the lever guns will go with me to Africa one day as well?

Be safe!

Hello Igoswoop.
Welcome to AH.
There is some fine outfitters on this site and you will certainly do well to book with any one of them.

Feel free to send us an e-mail if you need a quote on a safari.
We have thousands of plains game animals on our private game reserve as well as buffalo.
The 308 will be perfect for most plains game.
If I were you I would not buy a 375 unless you plan on hunting dangerous game very often.
Many clients buy a 375 and take it on a safari one time and then it just stand in the safe the rest of the time.
Most outfitters have bigger caliber rifles that you can rent for a small fee or some will even lend you one for free.
Anyhow to get back to our operation we are the land owners as well as the outfitter as well as the professional hunters. So the buck stops with us. There is no finger pointing if things go wrong. We decide on the quota, we manage our own game, we organize the hunting permits and liaze with our government and organize export permits for your trophies, we are the PH's and do the hunt with our own clients and we grew up here all my life so we know the area like the back of my hand. We have been in operation since 1990 and some of the professional hunters working for us has been working for us for 15 years now. So we are definitely long term and become good friends with all our clients. Enough bragging about ourselves.

Send us an e-mail with any questions you have and we can work up a good quote for you.
We do the Dallas Safari Club convention as well as Safari Club International Convention every year and visit some of our old clients in Florida so can easily set up a meeting with you should you like to meet face to face in February next year (if international travel is open by that time).

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Good day Igoswoop, welcome to AH. I am sure you will find the right safari exceeding your expectations. Game Trackers Africa (GTA) is a long standing Outfitting operation facilitating predominantly free-ranging safaris in Tanzania, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa and Cameroon. Have a good day.

Hunting reports on AfricaHunting.com for Game Trackers Africa:
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/tanzania-three-generations-hunt-the-selous.45182/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...me-trackers-africa-in-the-eastern-cape.39710/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/tanzania-great-adventure-with-game-trackers-africa.40875/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...rk-continent-with-game-trackers-africa.40876/

Welcome and happy planning!

Welcome to the family and the forum @igoswoop, you are in the right place! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

If there is a way we can be of help to you please feel free to call or send us a message.

Welcome to AH igoswoop! If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

Welcome to AH @igoswoop. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Welcome @igoswoop. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg