Hello from the high desert

Matthias5662

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US, Canada, South Africa
Hello folks,

I'm a new member to this forum but I've been perusing here for a while. Thanks to all of you for sharing so much good information. I've hunted in the Western US and South Africa. I am partial to the older, more traditional calibers and enjoy reloading for them. I also prefer stalking or stands to long-range, stand-off shooting. My next hunt is for barren ground caribou in Alaska this coming fall (provided it is not disrupted by the pandemic). The oldest firearm in my rack is a Winchester Model 54 in 30-06 made, I believe, in 1925. My most recent purchase is a Ruger African in 275 Rigby. I am anxious to get started playing with handloads for it.

Cheers,
Matthias

Welcome to AH Matthias! Looking forward to your contribution.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH! Sounds like you have an interesting collection of firearms.

Welcome aboard!

Giday Matthias and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH, Matthias!

Welcome Matthias 5662. Look forward to your input.
Stay safe and healthy.

Welcome to AH

Hello folks,

I'm a new member to this forum but I've been perusing here for a while. Thanks to all of you for sharing so much good information. I've hunted in the Western US and South Africa. I am partial to the older, more traditional calibers and enjoy reloading for them. I also prefer stalking or stands to long-range, stand-off shooting. My next hunt is for barren ground caribou in Alaska this coming fall (provided it is not disrupted by the pandemic). The oldest firearm in my rack is a Winchester Model 54 in 30-06 made, I believe, in 1925. My most recent purchase is a Ruger African in 275 Rigby. I am anxious to get started playing with handloads for it.

Cheers,
Matthias

Welcome to the forum sir.

Welcome to AH.

Matthias, welcome to the AH forum!
When did you hunt SA?
What did you hunt?
Where in SA did you hunt?
We would enjoy a report and pictures of your hunt!

Welcome to the dark side, cost of admission is a hunt report from your safari in Africa.

Hi Matthias, welcome to AH !

Hello folks,

Cheers,
Matthias

Hello Mathias5662,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Paul.

Welcome to the family and the forum Matthias, you are in the right place! Looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome to AH Matthias! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

Matthias5662, please add my name to the list of welcomers. What if any other rifles do you own? What have you hunted with them? Dittos on the request for hunt reports and photos of your African hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg