New Member from Virginia

AfricaDrmr

Reaction score
Hey there everybody. New young hunter here trying to plan my first trip to Africa and need all the help I can get! I'm a blue collar guy who has always wanted to go on safari and now I'm officially planning my first trip. Any ideas where to start? Not 100% I know what I'm getting into but I want to an adventure I won't forget. Thanks for any help or advice!

Welcome to AH AfricaDrmr! Well just being here gives you an incredible start. Read as much as you can here and ask questions. You can also go the the Hunting Info by Country section at https://www.africahunting.com/community/hunting-info-country/ and get some good info, that a good place to start to get a feel about about the various countries.

Welcome AfricaDrmr! Don’t get overwhelmed by all the info here. Check out the timelines so you don’t miss getting anything done, ie, form 4457, SAPs forms, etc.
Best of luck in your dream, just make it happen!

Hey there everybody. New young hunter here trying to plan my first trip to Africa and need all the help I can get! I'm a blue collar guy who has always wanted to go on safari and now I'm officially planning my first trip. Any ideas where to start? Not 100% I know what I'm getting into but I want to an adventure I won't forget. Thanks for any help or advice!

Welcome to AH sir! Ask questions and look through threads. Lot of good outfitters on the site.

Welcome aboard! I hope you can get over there in the near future!

Welcome to the dark side enjoy the journey. Will be looking forward to your hunt report.

Welcome, you have found the right place!

Welcome to AH AfricaDrmr.

You are at the a great place to start your African adventure.Enjoy!

Regards

Rouan

Hello there fellow Virginian. Great place to start is right here. More info on this site than you can shake a stick at. By the way what part of Virginia you from.

Welcome to AH, enjoy planning.

Welcome to this Forum.. a PM has been sent to you .

All the best

Wayne

Welcome to AH, @AfricaDrmr . Glad to have you on board. If you need any info, we will be happy to work with you step by step.
All the best with your planning.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH! Feel free to send us a mail if you need more information on hunts we offer or if you want to explore some options and receive some quotations.

Welcome aboard AfricaDrmr. Re. your question "where do I start?" IMHO it is probably with a realistic look at your budget. All first hunts in Africa are memorable, so that is the easy part. Some guys go on "Cull Hunts" but most purchase a Plains Game "package." Since you are a working "stiff" how many days vacation do you have available for an African hunt? That answer may help steer your effort towards reaching the best option for you. I'd suggest you use one of the Outfitter/Sponsors of AH since they are vetted here on an almost daily basis. They cannot afford to deliver less than a memorable hunt. Do a little research then start a spreadsheet of the outfitters on your "short-list." Contact a number of the references from each of the outfitters asking them what they liked and what they would do differently. Pre-hunt planning is part of the fun so enjoy it. If you have specific questions, just ask them. We are all here to help, someone did it for us so we are just returning the favor.

Welcome @AfricaDrmr you have made the right first step to join. This is propably the best platform out there to do your planning.
We specialize in helping new comers in planning their first trip from the first stages of your planning right through to the end in giving you a memorable experiance that will stay with you for ever. If you want to discuss your needs please feel free to pop me a pm and we can get started.

My personal best
Gerrit

Welcome to AH you have came to the right place for knowledge and planning. Happy Hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg