Hi from Idaho

Tom Bonn

Reaction score
I'm an old hunter from the rocky mt. And I'm planning a trip to Namibia for 2018 season. If anyone has any info. On free range hunts I'd appreciate it. I've researched quite a few places and the all claim to have the best area and trophies. Being from the rocky mountains I'm use to large hunting areas without high fences.
Several years ago I hunted S.A. free range,and it was great with the exception of one animal, Nyala, which after the shot I found to be close to the neighbor's high fence. I don't know if it made difference on the animals behaver but it did cut off his escape route. Thanks, Tom

Welcome to the best forum in the world.
Your question is valid.
There are several safari companies advertising here that offer not-high-fenced hunting areas.
I just returned from one that I would definitely book with again.

If you are interested, then when you get a chance, have a peep at my threads:

The Old Dog Hunts Again: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/the-old-dog-hunts-again.35747/

and

Namibia's "Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris"

Cheers.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome Tom! Check out our website for some of the finest free range hunting in Namibia and do not hesitate to contact us should you be interested or have any questions. Namibia will not disappoint!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Hallo Tom, we have 2 hunting grounds in Namibia that we hunt on, one privately owned land with cattle fence and some areas high fence and then the other ground we hunt on is a 1 million acre Conservancy in North-West of Namibia, with NO FENCES. This is true free range hunting!!!
Only certain types of animals that you can hunt here ie Springbuck, Gemsbuck, Ostrich, Hartmann Zebra,Kudu, Giraffe, Klipspringer, Steenbuck, Leopard, Cheetah, Hyena, Baboon,Jackal, Caracal. It is luxury tented camp in the Koakoland and you will love it there. Email me for more questions or references. info@leopardlegend.com
springbuck1.jpg
IMG_0584.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH!

Welcome Tom

We can offer you the free range hunting experience you are looking forward. We have several concessions in Namibia that we offer free range hunting safaris in.
Please contact us at magdel@gametrackersafrica.com for more information.

Thank you.
Regards

Welcome aboard Tom. I see that you already have a number of outfitters answer your call for a free range hunt. Take the time to peruse some of the hunting reports of guys that have hunted with these outfitters previously. I'm confident that you will find an outfitter and a hunt that more than meets your expectations. If you have any questions re your hunt, just ask them, the guys here will give you a straight answer. What kind and caliber rifles do you own? What African species are you hoping to take?

Welcome to AH! Best of luck in your quest for a free range hunt!

Welcome to the dark side. You picked a great place to start your search for your hunt in Namibia. Good luck

Welcome Tom!
Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome to AH, Tom !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammie2072

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross