MrCreedmoor

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, South Africa
Hello to everyone. I'm new to the group. Just wanted to start off and say thankyou for allowing me to become a member and hope I can learn from here and gather up info for a future Safari. I'm 50 years old and I have been hunting for over 35 years. My favorite round is the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have hunted white tail deer, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, and elk. My dream is a SA Safari plains game free range hunt.

I have lived in Africa and hunted Five countries.Give Crusader safaris a call. Andrew Pringle.My two cents!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard! AH is the perfect place to make that dream a reality!

Welcome to the forum! The 6.5 CM works well in NA and my son used it to take plains game in Namibia. I shot a bull elk last year with that caliber.
I’m next door to you in MN.
What are you most interested to hunt in Africa?

Giday MrCreedmore and welcome to the A H forums. I run a couple of custom 6.5's with a 6.5x57 and my own wildcat 6.5 Grendel-Max

Welcome aboard!

Hello to everyone. I'm new to the group. Just wanted to start off and say thankyou for allowing me to become a member and hope I can learn from here and gather up info for a future Safari. I'm 50 years old and I have been hunting for over 35 years. My favorite round is the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have hunted white tail deer, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, and elk. My dream is a SA Safari plains game free range hunt.
Welcome to another Wisconsin hunter! There are many of us on this site. We are all interested in your hunts. Let us hear about your favorite hunt. It is good practice for when you go on your first safari! Thanks again for joining us. Your new friend, Brian

Welcome to AH, the enablers on here will have you signed up for your first African safari in no time.

Welcome aboard MrCreedmore, I'm with you 100% on the use and versatility of the 6.5 caliber. However I prefer the old 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser fed with properly loaded ammunition. But then we all have our favorites don't we. AH is a wonderful site where hunters from all over the world share their experiences and expertise. Stick around a while and we'll have you hunting Africa much sooner than you thought possible.

Welcome to AH MrCreedmoor!

Hello MrCreedmoor,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Shopping around for just the perfect Safari company is a good part of the fun.

Most of 6.5’s are very fine cartridges that tend to punch a bit above their weight class.
Yours truly has taken 2 Polynesian wild boars with the 6.5 Creedmoor and one mule deer with the 6.5x55 calibers.
It would be difficult to find a better springbok, etc. caliber.
These might be a bit light for elk sized kudu etc.
But I would wager that with a well placed Swift A-Frame bullet, your Creedmoor would work pretty well on kudu.

Kind Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH Mr Creedmoor. You have come to the right place for info on hunting Africa. There are outfitters, PH’s and hunters with double digit safaris under their belt more than willing to answer your questions.

MrCreedmoor, welcome to the AH forum!

@ MrCreedmoor
Welcome to a great forum mate. I hope you have the same mad humor as the other mad fella from Wisconsin. You can find him @RandyF. Really knowledgeable bloke and has hunted Africa already. Just don't mention fitbits to him as he is still recovering from his injuries when it broke. You can read about it on the forum but be seated when you do as you will be laughing so much.
Welcome again
Bob

Welcome to AH from another Wisconsin member!
@RandyF
Take it easy on the poor young fella Randy. Even tho he has a crudmore you have to play nicely. I am sure he would love to read your hunt review. With Wisconsin being such an itty bitty state you're probably close to being neighbors.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildkatr

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross