Hello from Wisconsin

MrCreedmoor

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I'm new to the group. Just wanted to start off and say thankyou for allowing me to become a member and hope I can learn from here and gather up info for a future Safari. I'm 50 years old and I have been hunting for over 35 years. My favorite round is the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have hunted white tail deer, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, and elk. My dream is a SA Safari plains game free range hunt.

Gemsbok45

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I have lived in Africa and hunted Five countries.Give Crusader safaris a call. Andrew Pringle.My two cents!

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome to AH!

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Welcome aboard! AH is the perfect place to make that dream a reality!

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
Welcome to the forum! The 6.5 CM works well in NA and my son used it to take plains game in Namibia. I shot a bull elk last year with that caliber.
I’m next door to you in MN.
What are you most interested to hunt in Africa?

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Giday MrCreedmore and welcome to the A H forums. I run a couple of custom 6.5's with a 6.5x57 and my own wildcat 6.5 Grendel-Max

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome aboard!

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Hello to everyone. I'm new to the group. Just wanted to start off and say thankyou for allowing me to become a member and hope I can learn from here and gather up info for a future Safari. I'm 50 years old and I have been hunting for over 35 years. My favorite round is the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have hunted white tail deer, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, and elk. My dream is a SA Safari plains game free range hunt.
Welcome to another Wisconsin hunter! There are many of us on this site. We are all interested in your hunts. Let us hear about your favorite hunt. It is good practice for when you go on your first safari! Thanks again for joining us. Your new friend, Brian

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Welcome to AH, the enablers on here will have you signed up for your first African safari in no time.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard MrCreedmore, I'm with you 100% on the use and versatility of the 6.5 caliber. However I prefer the old 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser fed with properly loaded ammunition. But then we all have our favorites don't we. AH is a wonderful site where hunters from all over the world share their experiences and expertise. Stick around a while and we'll have you hunting Africa much sooner than you thought possible.

Velo Dog

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 5 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.

Hello MrCreedmoor,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Shopping around for just the perfect Safari company is a good part of the fun.

Most of 6.5’s are very fine cartridges that tend to punch a bit above their weight class.
Yours truly has taken 2 Polynesian wild boars with the 6.5 Creedmoor and one mule deer with the 6.5x55 calibers.
It would be difficult to find a better springbok, etc. caliber.
These might be a bit light for elk sized kudu etc.
But I would wager that with a well placed Swift A-Frame bullet, your Creedmoor would work pretty well on kudu.

Kind Regards,
Velo Dog.

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
Welcome to AH Mr Creedmoor. You have come to the right place for info on hunting Africa. There are outfitters, PH’s and hunters with double digit safaris under their belt more than willing to answer your questions.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
MrCreedmoor, welcome to the AH forum!

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
@ MrCreedmoor
Welcome to a great forum mate. I hope you have the same mad humor as the other mad fella from Wisconsin. You can find him @RandyF. Really knowledgeable bloke and has hunted Africa already. Just don't mention fitbits to him as he is still recovering from his injuries when it broke. You can read about it on the forum but be seated when you do as you will be laughing so much.
Welcome again
Bob

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Welcome to AH from another Wisconsin member!
@RandyF
Take it easy on the poor young fella Randy. Even tho he has a crudmore you have to play nicely. I am sure he would love to read your hunt review. With Wisconsin being such an itty bitty state you're probably close to being neighbors.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FSFDewayne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh