Hi from NJ

Wolfy6688

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m so happy to find this forum! I posted on Facebook asking about buffalo hunts and someone suggested this site, and I’ve been reading a ton.

I’m really lucky my dad introduced me to hunting and fishing when I was very young. I got my first bow when I was 4 and stood VERY close to the targets :) we also went fishing all the time and when I was a little older added on some target shooting and hunting with guns.

I’ve wanted to hunt cape buffalo since I was about 10. Totally normal for all ten year old girls. Right? But an African Safari with my dad was going to be my college graduation gift - but he passed away before we could go. He was my fishing and hunting buddy and I haven’t really done either since he’s gone because it’s just not the same. I did go salmon fishing in Alaska last year and recently decided to still make plans for my buffalo hunt too!

So now that I’ve found the forum here, I’m REALLY enjoying the trip reports and photos, and reading all about it. Thanks to everyone who posts, you’re helping me learn a ton.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH Miss!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I’m so happy to find this forum! I posted on Facebook asking about buffalo hunts and someone suggested this site, and I’ve been reading a ton.

I’m really lucky my dad introduced me to hunting and fishing when I was very young. I got my first bow when I was 4 and stood VERY close to the targets :) we also went fishing all the time and when I was a little older added on some target shooting and hunting with guns.

I’ve wanted to hunt cape buffalo since I was about 10. Totally normal for all ten year old girls. Right? But an African Safari with my dad was going to be my college graduation gift - but he passed away before we could go. He was my fishing and hunting buddy and I haven’t really done either since he’s gone because it’s just not the same. I did go salmon fishing in Alaska last year and recently decided to still make plans for my buffalo hunt too!

So now that I’ve found the forum here, I’m REALLY enjoying the trip reports and photos, and reading all about it. Thanks to everyone who posts, you’re helping me learn a ton.

Welcome to AH!

Wolfy6688, welcome to the AH forum! It’s a great place to help you make your buffalo hunt come true!
My deepest sympathies you lost your dad before your dream of an Africa adventure with him came true.

Welcome aboard Wolfy6688. Do you hunt with a bow or is it guns only these days? What caliber rifles do you own? Have you checked out any of the "Deals" being offered on AH? Don't deny yourself an African hunt for lack of a hunting buddy. Brickburn has been organizing a group hunt that I suspect is going to be delayed till next year. AH members have one primary interest in common, we like to hunt and virtually meet new friends on these pages. Most are folks you would enjoy sharing a campfire and a beer with.

:S Welcome: You've found the best place for worldwide hunting info. I dare say the members here have BTDT for just about all game on this planet. Have fun with your research.

Welcome to AH Wolfy6688! Glad you found us.

Welcome to AH Wolfy!
Glad you joined the forum.
Should you require more information regarding Buffalo hunting, please feel free to contact us at magdel@gametrackersafrica.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg