Country Rec for Buffalo Hunt w/ Wife

Tex .416

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I’ve been looking at a Cape Buffalo hunt, now my wife wants to go. I enjoy having her on hunts with me, but that changes some of the potential considerations.

So, recommendations on countries in general and specific camps and outfitters to hunt Cape Buffalo, which will be suitable for my wife to go would be greatly appreciated.

She is pretty rough and tough and low maintenance in general, and she enjoys the outdoors. She is not into shopping or spas. We are in our 60’s, but in reasonable shape. (That sounds older than I feel! :oops:)

We went to Tanzania for three weeks with just cameras and stayed in tent camps from luxury to very basic. She loved it. We could go back there, but would like to see some place new too. She does not need fancy, but swarms of tsetse flies are a no go. After hopefully tagging a buff, the rest would be just enjoying the outdoors and taking photos, especially of cats and we both enjoy birding.

Thoughts?

What is your price range? The park areas in Namibia like bwabwata or waterberg would be ideal for hunting and photography but are expensive. No tsetse flies in either.

Hi @Tex .416

I'll definitely be able to accommodate you and your wife on a Buffalo Hunt!
I've send you a PM

Cheers
Dieter

Good day Mr. @Tex .416

We will be able to accommodate you and your wife in South Africa, our hunting area is bordering the Greater Kruger National Park.
our hunting area is filled with great Buffalo and the Lowveld of South Africa produces some of the best Cape Buffalo hunting in South Africa.

With Kruger National Park just a 20min drive from our camp, we can easily do day trips to the park after we hunted your Buff.
our Lodging is neat and comfortable for the whole family, our Outfit is family operated and we make sure that our quests gets the best possible experience .

please have a look at our website
www.dksafaris.co.za

Will be sending you an PM as well
regards
Derian

Welcome and hope to have you hunt with us in Namibia in the Caprivi. Lots of wildlife for her to see as well and lots of National Parks to visit as well.
Send us an email and we would like to send you a quote for 2025/ 2026?
Keep in touch
L'wyk

Good Day Sir

Tsala Safari’s would be able to help you in our areas in South Africa , Mozambique and Zimbabwe.

All the areas will be suitable to take your wife.

I will pm you with a breakdown of our areas.

You are more than welcome if you have any questions for us.

Regards

Rouan

Hi there
I have great buffalo package hunts in East Cape South Africa for 2024 & 2025
We hunt on foot from my Classic Safari Tented Camp.....certainly suitable for ladies too. Get in touch and I will send you some references too to check out!

I’ve been looking at a Cape Buffalo hunt, now my wife wants to go. I enjoy having her on hunts with me, but that changes some of the potential considerations.

So, recommendations on countries in general and specific camps and outfitters to hunt Cape Buffalo, which will be suitable for my wife to go would be greatly appreciated.

She is pretty rough and tough and low maintenance in general, and she enjoys the outdoors. She is not into shopping or spas. We are in our 60’s, but in reasonable shape. (That sounds older than I feel! :oops:)

We went to Tanzania for three weeks with just cameras and stayed in tent camps from luxury to very basic. She loved it. We could go back there, but would like to see some place new too. She does not need fancy, but swarms of tsetse flies are a no go. After hopefully tagging a buff, the rest would be just enjoying the outdoors and taking photos, especially of cats and we both enjoy birding.

Thoughts?
Hello @Tex .416,

Always great to hear that the wives like to tag along.... We specialize in offering families safaris in Southern Africa on our large properties and excellent lodges. We only hunt large areas which offers a authentic safari being it spot and stalk or tracking down your buffalo bull.

I will have several options available and it will be great to be able to discuss them with you in further detail, if you do not mind please send me a DM with your contact details and I will get the information through to you sir.

We cater for the wives and make sure they have a great time with you while you are hunting.

Good luck with the planning and do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have!

All my best,

Jacques Spamer
js@jkosafaris.com

My wife has been on buffalo hunts with me in Botswana, Mozambique, RSA, and Zimbabwe. She hunted buffalo herself on our second hunt in Zim. She loved them all. My experience has been that the personality fit with the PH is more important for women than men. I would make sure your wife meets and is comfortable with who you are hunting with before you book.

We can defintely accommodate you and your wife.
Our properties are situated in the heart of Limpopo, close to the Botswana Border!

I did you a PM as well!

Hi sir

I can definately help you out

Welcome to email or dm me
Stuart@tallyho.co.za

We run a good outfit on a big area
If you get the buff early we can hit a park etc for photos or some other interesting places

Looking forward

Regards

Thoughts?
SA Waterberg Mountains with @TSALA HUNTING SAFARIS would be my #1 choice. Fabulous family, great accommodations, you can fly direct to JNB then short 2 hour drive. I took a 43 inch hard hunted buff on day 5 of a 7 day hunt.

My suggestion would be Bubye Valley Conservancy in Zimbabwe.
Very comfortable camps, daily encounters of lions and leopards and other wildlife including rhinos.
Huge area and proper buffalo hunt.
The only drawback would be to find a spot for 2025.

Thoughts?
Look into the Zambia areas, if you do the Kafue region, there are ample opportunities in Kafue national park for game viewing, fishing etc. you could also move on down to Livingstone to Victoria falls for the scenic tour.

Alternatively hunting the luangwa valley and then on to either of the national parks, north or south. Or even down to the Zambezi river to the lower Zambezi national park for a relaxing time.

Loads of outfits and lodges in the respective areas that can sort you out and give you exactly what you’re looking for.

Oh and the tastes flies can be minimised. Early season hunts, long sleeves and pants and picaridin based insect repellants.

Summary of Packages 2024 & 2025 - South Africa.jpg

My wife has been on buffalo hunts with me in Botswana, Mozambique, RSA, and Zimbabwe. She hunted buffalo herself on our second hunt in Zim. She loved them all. My experience has been that the personality fit with the PH is more important for women than men. I would make sure your wife meets and is comfortable with who you are hunting with before you book.
+ 1

My suggestion would be Bubye Valley Conservancy in Zimbabwe.
Very comfortable camps, daily encounters of lions and leopards and other wildlife including rhinos.
Huge area and proper buffalo hunt.
The only drawback would be to find a spot for 2025.
I second the Conservancy. Taking the family for second time in June for double buffalo. My wife does not hunt so we spend afternoons on plainsgame and finding the big 5. We are also in our 60’s, have done the SA thing and prefer Zim. Only a few spots left next year which should indicate the quality of the area.

Good Day Sir

Tsala Safari’s would be able to help you in our areas in South Africa , Mozambique and Zimbabwe.

All the areas will be suitable to take your wife.

I will pm you with a breakdown of our areas.

You are more than welcome if you have any questions for us.

Regards

Rouan
Having hunted 2 times with Tsala, I can assure you they have proper buffalo hunting, their accommodations are first class, their buffalo herds are self-sustaining, and if you'd like they can take you to a nearby park, and I know you said your wife does not need shopping or a spa, but this would be available as well. I have hunted Africa many times and Tsala is the only place I have returned to, great people who make you feel like family!

We can also accommodate you and your wife on a quality buffalo hunt on a very large area.
Nice lodge with bar, swimming pool and airconditioning in all the rooms.
Pick up and drop off point is Johannesburg.
Lots of references.
Feel free to contact us by e-mail.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.