AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Convention is going virtual
Source? Not to be rude but I don't want just a rumor - just the facts, please

(edit) just saw the notice on the website - appears they have gone virtual. No details given yet. Maybe at the dinner we can eat a virtual steak...

Last edited:

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
No surprises here. Everything else that I (and most of you) look forward to every year has been cancelled this year.

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Source? Not to be rude but I don't want just a rumor - just the facts, please

(edit) just saw the notice on the website - appears they have gone virtual. No details given yet. Maybe at the dinner we can eat a virtual steak...

Maybe a Zoom AH happy hour.

DSC letter below:

Dear Exhibitors,

Throughout the year, DSC has been in constant contact with the City of Dallas, Convention Center, and contract hotels working toward a safe and productive 2021 DSC Convention.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to march forward, we just learned that the City of Dallas is not allowing the DSC Convention to occur as an in-person event based on the recommendation of the County Health Authority. We have done everything that we can and are deeply disappointed but must adhere to the City’s decision.

However, the 2021 Reflections Convention will continue as a modified, virtual event online. Additional details about this event will be forthcoming soon. In the meantime, know that DSC will ensure member access to you through an online Convention landing page, social media updates, live auction video feed, watch parties, silent auction bidding site and many other innovative ways. So please keep February 11-14 on your radar.

Exhibitors still active on the roster will have their funds rolled to 2022, and those who are donors will benefit from double support credits on the net proceeds of their donation. This will apply to all donations auctioned for 2021.

Exhibitors who have already purchased banquet tickets will receive a refund.

Additionally, DSC will be working with Connections Housing and our partner hotels to cancel all hotel reservations on your behalf, but bookings made through other vendors should be resolved directly by you.

More information is coming, but we wanted to provide you with as much notice as possible to this change.

Thank you for being a great partner. We sincerely appreciate your support!

Tatiane Brazil Upton
Exhibits Manager

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.52.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.52.36 AM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Well, damn...another cancelled trip and plans gone awry

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Our San Angelo SCI Banquet will be May 22nd. We will begin selling tables in January! So there is a chance for an AH get together if you’d like to come. Put it on your calendar.
Philip

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
"
Our San Angelo SCI Banquet will be May 22nd. We will begin selling tables in January! So there is a chance for an AH get together if you’d like to come. Put it on your calendar.
Philip"

I would love to come to the banquet but we will be in Canada on a black bear hunt, so please toast everyone on AH for me.

ruffcountry

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA , DRSS
Hunted
USA
Dang . We could've had a good party at my place .

fourfive8

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
Yep, every thing has gone virtual. It will work until it doesn't. We probably haven't yet seen the worst of the fallout from these policies. Everyone including the gov is operating on printed money, float and savings right now. Cancelling functions like this is the easy way out, in the short term, so no one gets blamed by the MSM for participating in or sponsoring a "super spreader" event.

Went to the bank a few weeks ago and asked where the deposit slips were. The teller said with a touch of glee, "Oh you haven't heard, because of covid we've gone virtual". I thought, "ya right, virtual money too I suppose". But didn't say it out loud. The only thing I said was, "So you seem happy about the 'virtual' business here at the bank," and she nodded in agreement. I then said, "How are you going to feel when the bank goes virtual employees"? Got an odd blank stare back :(

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Yep, every thing has gone virtual. It will work until it doesn't. We probably haven't yet seen the worst of the fallout from these policies. Everyone including the gov is operating on printed money, float and savings right now. Cancelling functions like this is the easy way out, in the short term, so no one gets blamed by the MSM for participating in or sponsoring a "super spreader" event.

Went to the bank a few weeks ago and asked where the deposit slips were. The teller said with a touch of glee, "Oh you haven't heard, because of covid we've gone virtual". I thought, "ya right, virtual money too I suppose". But didn't say it out loud. The only thing I said was, "So you seem happy about the 'virtual' business here at the bank," and she nodded in agreement. I then said, "How are you going to feel when the bank goes virtual employees"? Got an odd blank stare back :(

She may still be trying to figure out what you were implying.

ruffcountry

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA , DRSS
Hunted
USA
Well then , I suppose it will be virtual brisket for all ,
I will even use my homegrown akaushi waygu briskets .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalcolmMon

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh