Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain
So whats it take to attend a DSC ? Have never been, but always go to SCI. Just received refund for air fare from delta. The DSC web site says nothing about price etc. Looks like we can fly from Idaho right now for 237.00 each. Might be a good change.
I believe the day rate is $25 and $100 get you for the entire convention. You do not have to become a DSC member.

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
The biggest challenge with DSC is getting a hotel thats reasonably close to the convention center..

The Omni (next door to the convention center) always sells out within just a few minutes...

As long as you dont mind driving a little bit, there are lots of good hotels at decent prices a few miles away though..

I think the price to enter DSC is $25? Or if you sign up and become a member at the convention entrance is free..

Another option is to volunteer (this is what I do every year).. you work a couple of hours on one day of the convention (lots of options on volunteering.. everything from working the entrance, to manning a coffee cart, to security, to move in and move out, etc..) and then admission is free for the entire convention..

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So whats it take to attend a DSC ? Have never been, but always go to SCI. Just received refund for air fare from delta. The DSC web site says nothing about price etc. Looks like we can fly from Idaho right now for 237.00 each. Might be a good change.

It takes far less cash to attend the DSC convention. No membership required and the passes are much cheaper.

ruffcountry

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA , DRSS
Hunted
USA
i have a farm 62 miles ( 1 hour 2 minutes ) from convention center
my offer still stands , it would be outdoors and primitive condition , definitely could have campfires maybe some tents . i will cook huge pot of texas chili . i am also good at brisket , ribs , steaks if someone would bring them. lots of hotel/motels less than 5 minutes away

looking forward to dsc this time as i am currently planning first safari.

ruffcountry

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA , DRSS
Hunted
USA
my offer still stands , it would be outdoors and primitive condition , definitely could have campfires maybe some tents . i will cook huge pot of texas chili . i am also good at brisket , ribs , steaks if someone would bring them. lots of hotel/motels less than 5 minutes away

looking forward to dsc this time as i am currently planning first safari.
want to add that im not trying to hijack the get together but mine is a sincere offer for outdoor place if thats whats needed/wanted

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
want to add that im not trying to hijack the get together but mine is a sincere offer for outdoor place if thats whats needed/wanted

A very generous offer, either way, I think you should bring a couple of briskets with you to DSC....

Reactions: WAB

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Just buy a day pass, it is easy.

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
So just show up at door and buy ticket in ? Web site has zero info on it. Can they be pre purchased ?
Yes sir, no need to pre buy the tickets.

Mike B

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.bazarsolutions.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC - Lifetime Member, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, US (TX, NM, SD)
I drive over every year with my kids. We usually get a hotel about 5-10 min away and then Uber over each day. Cheaper hotel, no parking to mess with, makes it easy. Just buy tickets at the door, although I would say to keep watching the website this year in case they have to enforce 50 or 75% capacity rules. They might Pre-sell tickets as it get closer so they can cap daily admission. But that is just a guess.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
I drive over every year with my kids. We usually get a hotel about 5-10 min away and then Uber over each day. Cheaper hotel, no parking to mess with, makes it easy. Just buy tickets at the door, although I would say to keep watching the website this year in case they have to enforce 50 or 75% capacity rules. They might Pre-sell tickets as it get closer so they can cap daily admission. But that is just a guess.
What @Mike B said is correct this year because of Covid rules. Normally you just walk in and buy 1, 2 or 3 day pass tickets. DSC as of last week hasn't determine the exact method of selling the tickets this year so far. Consider joining as a member and you will be notified directly by DSC of any changes being made up until the last minute.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
So just show up at door and buy ticket in ? Web site has zero info on it. Can they be pre purchased ?
You may keep checking to see if there are advanced day pass sales. It is possible this year.
Banquet tickets go on sale THIS MORNING so if you plan on attending any banquets you better act fast.
Philip

Vanguard2279

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, SCI Life
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Northwest & Eastern Cape), Namibia, Nevada, Newfoundland, Zambia
When I talked to Kameron at DSC, she advised that capacity (at the moment) was limited to 60%. That could cause lines to get in to not exceed maximum occupancy. She suggested buying tickets ahead of time and have them mailed to you. You can skip the line to purchase tickets and only worry about the line to get in. That's my plan, at least.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
DSC is free for military too.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.mashambanzousafaris.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
I wish my place was close to the show, we would have our damn party! Enough booze is consumed during the annual AH dinner that there is no way the old corronie would stand a chance. And Jeffery Epstein didn’t kill himself.lol
Don't worry about the corronie stuff. It's looking more and more like we may be doing "Patriot shit" right about then....

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Don't worry about the corronie stuff. It's looking more and more like we may be doing "Patriot shit" right about then....
I’m with you Brother, still got a couple votes left in me to deliver! Illegitimi non carborundum

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
Reports are that the City of Dallas have suspended all actives at the convention center until further notice. Guess we'll see how this plays out over the next few months.

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Reports are that the City of Dallas have suspended all actives at the convention center until further notice. Guess we'll see how this plays out over the next few months.
So far, I only see early December cancelled.

On another note, the South Texas DSC chapter dinner was moved from February to April. The dinner is usually right after the convention.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
I hate this but it should be no surprise to anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeraDalzie

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...