Share This Page
AH ENABLER, Male
SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend
Geoff, I have heard nothing, except from you during the past nearly two years ago. I will contact Burger later today. So sorry. Apr 23, 2019
- sierraone was last seen:
- Viewing latest content, Jun 19, 2019 at 9:11 PM
- State/Province of residence:
- Country of residence:
- How did you find AfricaHunting.com?:
- About You:
- Retired Army Officer and retired city police officer
- I am a:
- Member of:
- Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
- Have you hunted in Africa?:
- Number of times I have hunted in Africa:
- My favorite African country:
- Only hunted RSA, Northwest and Limpopo provinces
- USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
- Species I have hunted in Africa:
- Warthog, Blesbok, Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Cape Buffalo, Zebra
- My best African Trophy:
No measurements, taken in Limpopo Province
- My favorite African trophies:
- Warthog. My Ph and I by far spent more time hunting a pig than we did any other animal.
- My preferred weapon(s):
- .375 H&H in Africa, .404J for the buffalo....3006 in U.S.
- What weapon(s) do you hunt with?:
- My preferred optic(s):
Use Weaver 1.5x5 DG scopes on my .375 HH and .404J. These scopes retailed for about $500. I bought one, used it on my .375 for a year with no problems at all. Bought another as they were ending production of this model. Placed in the safe for 18 months before mounting it on the .404 in Oct 17 in preparation for the July 18 buffalo hunt. With approximately 75 rounds through it and a buffalo, zebra and warthog, have had no issues. They will remain on these heavy rifles until I detect a problem.
Leupold and Nikon on other rifles.
- Gear I cannot live without:
- Not much in Africa. Much more needed in the U.S. because you and your hunting buddy have to do it all!!!
- My best hunting tip:
- Practice with your rifle when ever you can. If your rifle's recoil is too much for you to practice with, step down to a smaller caliber
- My other interests:
- Maritime Archaeology, Dangerous Game Rifle Collector