AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
I understand putting the brakes on for a bit. I’ll assure you that (I have my sources) COVID is over as of now and will never return. No second wave possible.
Thanks Phil for working on this and give it a month then get the thing booked!
Regards,
Philip
Philip how sure are your sources?? I only ask as I may place bet

ruffcountry

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA , DRSS
Hunted
USA
Good morning
I would like to throw out an idea of finding a outdoor area, (ranch or ?) Close to Dallas that we could have a brain. I know it would be tougher to setup than a catered dinner. But would be an option closer to a nightly firepit while on safari.
i have a farm 62 miles ( 1 hour 2 minutes ) from convention center

Reactions: WAB

ve7poi

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life member SCI
Hunted
British Columbia, Alberta, South Africa
Just got this notice sad day

embeddable_2b077247-92b2-4eac-a04c-6af3c550cf63.png

The leader in defending the freedom to hunt and promoting wildlife conservation worldwide.

SCI Statement on 2021 Convention​

After much contemplation and exhaustive effort, Safari Club International (SCI) has made the difficult decision to cancel its 2021 Hunters’ Convention. COVID-19-related restrictions imposed by the state of Nevada and city of Las Vegas to ensure a safe event environment during the ongoing pandemic has made it impossible to conduct a successful event for our members and exhibitors, or serve the greater good of wildlife conservation.

For 49 consecutive years SCI has conducted its annual convention, bringing together from around the world, hunters, exhibitors, conservation stakeholders, and generations of SCI members. This annual event celebrates hunter advocacy, raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for wildlife conservation, and enables the planning of hunts that further support conservation on every continent. It is one of the most anticipated gatherings of the year not only for the reasons above but also because it is the one week that our community can rely upon to renew friendships and reignite the fire that drives us all to carry on the traditions of hunting. We did not reach this decision lightly.

Throughout the turmoil of 2020 SCI has remained on watch. We have defended hunting in California and on Capitol Hill; we have supported wildlife conservation on the plains of Wyoming and plateaus of Africa; and we worked with legislators and the Trump Administration on the Great American Outdoor Act, history’s greatest outdoor legislative achievement.

Working hand in hand with the Safari Club International Foundation (SCIF), we were able to raise a record amount of money for hunter education and conservation. Our work will proceed apace despite this unfortunate cancellation.

Despite our disappointment with this development, SCI will be there for our members and exhibitors in 2022 to reflect on all these accomplishments and celebrate them together. The 2022 Convention will take place in Las Vegas and will be a celebration of our hunting heritage and the perseverance we all needed to get through this, together.

Last edited by a moderator:

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I'm guessing that we will see something similar from DSC. I am so ready to have this COVID crap behind us! Our friends in Africa are suffering far more than we are and my fear is that the media fueled hysteria will reduce safari travel, and thus their business, through 2021. We need to make every effort to get over there and keep the industry viable!

Latest profile posts

I’ll never hunt Africa, but give me please a Jack O’Connor hunt up high in the Canadian Rockies!
Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!