Would you like a Cigar?

In time, meaning you smoke a couple ;) , there comes the time that you have a "eureka" moment. Your palate opens and you taste all kinds of things. Then you will appreciate cigars much more. It does not take long.

80% of our taste comes through out nose. Learning to retrohale is a must in my opinion. There a lots of articles and videos online.

Enjoy your cigars and good luck with the ele hunt! That is in my opinion the best pairing possible ;)

Not sure about that retrohale thing. I call that a “double clutch” and it does to me like a teaspoon full of Wasabe. Burns like hell on my sinuses. I do tend to roll the smoke around in my mouth, letting it drift out, which gives a nice experience to the pallet. And as my wife tells me constantly, I am sure I inhale plenty through my nose. I just don’t do any sort of inhaling on purpose. But hey, to each his/her own, and I have learned a lot of great things on this thread! Thanks for sharing.

A buddy of mine bought me this for my birthday.
Sin Compromiso, by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust.
Excellent Cigar that runs about $16 single stick price.
Chocalate, Coffee, and a very light spicy sweetness.
IMG_20210405_173229757.jpg

Happy belated b-day amigo!!!

Did a little work on the yard, and got my flag pole up, waiting on the lamp to charge so I can fly Old Glory

I’m sitting out enjoying this beautiful spring weather while smoking a.....you guessed it a Camacho Nicaragua :)

B95BD2B3-431A-4776-A10B-A87E40B05003.jpeg
48FAE287-0B21-421E-8414-519062F614ED.jpeg

Well, about a month away from heading to Zim for three weeks, so ordered a fresh batch of MF, Camacho, Avo and Oliva cigars. Also, as if the bank account wasn’t going to be stressed enough, took the plunge and ordered a Remington 2000 cigar humidor. Been eyeballing for a year and in a weak moment over the weekend, just pulled the trigger. Figured it was cheaper than a double rifle, and would get a heck of a lot more use. Will write a report on the humidor. Oh, and a trip report when I get back in June.

Beautiful, I envy you in a good way. :ROFLMAO: Wow, 3 weeks, that’s going to be so much fun. What are you going after??? Please post a picture of the humidor when you get it, you can never have enough humidors:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, about a month away from heading to Zim for three weeks, so ordered a fresh batch of MF, Camacho, Avo and Oliva cigars. Also, as if the bank account wasn’t going to be stressed enough, took the plunge and ordered a Remington 2000 cigar humidor. Been eyeballing for a year and in a weak moment over the weekend, just pulled the trigger. Figured it was cheaper than a double rifle, and would get a heck of a lot more use. Will write a report on the humidor. Oh, and a trip report when I get back in June.
Good luck on your hunt Mort! I'm with Para - would like to see pic's of the humidor when you get it. Been eyeballing that one for awhile too. Read some good reviews on it. I'm just waiting until I get out of my rental into a permanent place so I don't have to move another piece of furniture!

Tried the Nub Habano this AM (thanks to @PARA45) - I am enjoying these but I didn't remember these being this beat up & dried out when I got them from Cigarpage....dunno maybe I'm blind though....but it still burnt ok with a few relights once I got past the tip.

Nub - Habano.jpg

Beautiful, I envy you in a good way. :ROFLMAO: Wow, 3 weeks, that’s going to be so much fun. What are you going after??? Please post a picture of the humidor when you get it, you can never have enough humidors:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sitting at an outside bar in Charleston SC smoking an Oliva V and enjoying the cool evening. Wife upstairs watching Gray’s Anatomy. Just like home! LOL. BTW, and you’ll understand @Para, love the coin and the smokes! You da man! I will be in the SAVE chasing leopard and buff. Already have a leopard from Zambia, lost one in Tanzania, so trying for revenge on a big Zim cat. Going after an old broomed daga boy too. No herd stuff. I just love the one on one of trying to catch up with the old warriors. My hinting partner going after lion and buff, hence the 3 weeks. Will have some prebaiting done, so will try to get an eland and zebra, nyala and whatever the bush serves up for bait. Should be a grand tour. Definitely will post pics of humidor when comes in. No telling how long with the way freight moves these days. Ya’ll will be the first to know. Thanks!

If you ever get to Charleston, I highly recommend Charleston Place - Belmont. Great hotel. Met several other cigar smokers from Boston, NY and Nashville of all places. Great outside garden bar just for smokers!

Boy, it sounds like you guys are going to have a blast in Zim. I can't wait to read your report and the pictures of the animals taken and cigars. :Cigar::Cigar::ROFLMAO: Glad you like the coin.

Image1618153703.412270.jpg

The last of a box of 10 Oliva V from my weekend before the flight home from Charleston. Again, can not tell you how nice to be somewhere, Charleston Place - Belmont that not only tolerates cigar smoking but seems to cater to us.
Image1618153854.102283.jpg

This is the cigar smoking area, with covered area too in event of rain.
Image1618153930.578107.jpg

And the food in Charleston! Oh my.
Image1618153971.931496.jpg

Soft-shell crab over mac-n-cheese.
Image1618154003.156523.jpg

She Crab Soup.
Image1618154031.709225.jpg

Image1618154046.746965.jpg

Fresh and grilled oysters!
Image1618154083.255065.jpg

Fresh grouper, sweet creamed corn!

This was not the way to prepare for long hikes chasing down buff, but a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do!

Image1618154192.843896.jpg

Happy wife, happy life!

Wow - look at those spreads! Looks like your having a great time!

Since Uncle Mort is going dangerous game hunting, I think it would be prudent for him to send me that new humidor and cigar collection for safe keeping.....

Now, now. That’s my incentive to make it home alive. Just don’t tell the Mrs!

Since Uncle Mort is going dangerous game hunting, I think it would be prudent for him to send me that new humidor and cigar collection for safe keeping.....
:LOL: That's a good idea - You could get it seasoned up before he makes it home!

Uncle Sauce, this a first of this kind, and smoked it to the nub. Delicious cigar like all Kristoff (y)(y)

3306CE86-60A6-4BD5-9596-D05B924989AE.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzannaVal

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg