Would you like a Cigar?

FerRGarza

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
North America (USA & MX)
Hello all, just wondering if there are any cigar smokers here on the forum. If so, let us know which is your favorite one!

I like to light a cigar usually in the late afternoon and enjoy last few hours of daylight reading. Most times its a safari hunting book, others might be a book on oil and gas law. When on a hunting trip, its at the end of the day after a great hunt. I enjoy several brands from Dominican to Nicaraguan. Mostly VegaFina, La Aurora, Oliva (serie "g"). I have tasted numerous brands, but these are the ones found in my humidor.

Hello all, just wondering if there are any cigar smokers here on the forum. If so, let us know which is your favorite one!

I like to light a cigar usually in the late afternoon and enjoy last few hours of daylight reading. Most times its a safari hunting book, others might be a book on oil and gas law. When on a hunting trip, its at the end of the day after a great hunt. I enjoy several brands from Dominican to Nicaraguan. Mostly VegaFina, La Aurora, Oliva (serie "g"). I have tasted numerous brands, but these are the ones found in my humidor.

Occasionally I do....prefer Rocky Patels, but like the Oliva's also.

got some cohiba esplendidos in a humidor in the cellar. :D
As long as they did not come in a glass-top box ! those are great cigars.

only have one on the odd occasion these days , but also used to like the monte cristo no2 pyramid/torpedo, and had a couple of boxes of the monte cristo A, you felt as if you should have been directing a hollywood epic in the 1930`s when you fired one of those up ;) plus various romeo y julieta, partagas, h. upman , and davidoff depending on what took the fancy when in the shop. i hate to think what some of those cost now as this was in the 1980`s and early 90`s........

only have one on the odd occasion these days , but also used to like the monte cristo no2 pyramid/torpedo, and had a couple of boxes of the monte cristo A, you felt as if you should have been directing a hollywood epic in the 1930`s when you fired one of those up ;) plus various romeo y julieta, partagas, h. upman , and davidoff depending on what took the fancy when in the shop. i hate to think what some of those cost now as this was in the 1980`s and early 90`s........

Indeed they sure take one back in time. Taxing and further FDA threats have been driving prices upward.

Haven,t had the Pleasure since I quit playing Golf,,,But I,ll need to find something special for my Trip Next year

Haven,t had the Pleasure since I quit playing Golf,,,But I,ll need to find something special for my Trip Next year

Which cigars did you smoke while playing golf?

What.......no Swisher Sweets or White Owls?

What.......no Swisher Sweets or White Owls?

Mmmm not to offend but i presume you are having a joke? :headscratch: i looked them up and you can buy a box of 50 of those for way less or same price as one of the ones i was talking about.....:)

My favorite is Cohiba Robusto, but the cigar that started my cigar career was Romeo y Julieta nr 2. Sundowner in africa with a good cigar. Nothing can match that:)

Im sure that is an excellent way of ending a day. With the sky a burnt orange color and distant silhouettes of scattered trees maybe an animal or two as well. Now all you need is a good Scotch :)

thanks for sharing!

Mmmm not to offend but i presume you are having a joke? :headscratch: i looked them up and you can buy a box of 50 of those for way less or same price as one of the ones i was talking about.....:)

Spike.......with me it is normally a joke........sorry to disrupt a thread by serious aficionados.:)

Spike.......with me it is normally a joke........sorry to disrupt a thread by serious aficionados.:)

thought it was , was just getting worried in case you were being serious and did like them , as some of the flavours were like :) and i promise you i am not one of them spanish things either.....:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg