Would you like a Cigar?

Uncle Mort, seems like you had a fantastic stay in Charleston (y) BYW, I’m closer to you to hold that nice humidor & cigars you are getting. Trying to save some $$$ in shipping:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Uncle Mort, seems like you had a fantastic stay in Charleston (y) BYW, I’m closer to you to hold that nice humidor & cigars you are getting. Trying to save some $$$ in shipping:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, humidor back ordered until August. Damn Chinese can’t export anything but propaganda right now apparently. Oh well, just have to smoke more and faster until August. Just saying.

I tried a Punch Diablo a little while back and it was a beast. I recommend it.
I’m trying to decide what’s next up. Perdomo, Oliva, or CAO.
I got a cigar magazine in the mail last week and it has been calling me like a siren! So many deals...now I am jonesing. Ugh, I am going to the store.

Decisions, decisions, it's nice to have options. :) I'm going to sit out back before the rain comes, and smoke an AVO Classic. ;)

Drew Estate Shady XX on the morning walk compliments of @PARA45 and the Misfit Mafia! It was a great morning, not too cold, little wind and in the back of my mind I know I have a little over 48 hours until wheels up for Africa! Pretty excited :giggle:
Drew Estate - Shady XX.jpg

Here is to Uncle Sauce & Uncle Mort on their safaris. Good luck gents, and may the hunting Gods cast good spells on both of you. Shoot straight!!

0BDE82AE-F002-41CB-B720-066A6238F1FF.jpeg

Here is to Uncle Sauce & Uncle Mort on their safaris. Good luck gents, and may the hunting Gods cast good spells on both of you. Shoot straight!!
Thanks @PARA45 - I'll take any aiming fluid you can throw my way :) Just triple checking my packing list and all my paperwork a few more times!! I'll keep you guys posted on how things go!

Image1618684374.955455.jpg

Just a little warm up for Africa. Opening morning 2 Yr old in Ky. 9-1/2 beard, 3/4” spurs. 7:53AM. One El Rey Del Mundo and a Camacho Corojo before he ran in trying to mug my jake decoy at 15 yds. Several more Avo cigars back at camp. Great day to be alive.

Brent, you are in for a treat with those two smokes. I wish I could afford them to smoke them all the time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 397992
Just a little warm up for Africa. Opening morning 2 Yr old in Ky. 9-1/2 beard, 3/4” spurs. 7:53AM. One El Rey Del Mundo and a Camacho Corojo before he ran in trying to mug my jake decoy at 15 yds. Several more Avo cigars back at camp. Great day to be alive.
What time is that Turkey dinner?

View attachment 397992
I knew I forgot something...Turkey Season!! Congrats on the bird Mort.

33 days until my Brother and I board the first leg of our flights to SA. Checking, re-checking our “travel light” list. Pre-packing weight check, and re-second guess all of the above.

I suddenly realize my humidor is catostrophically low, and so an order is due to my favorite shop in Naples, Fl. What should I pick up

I definitely need a stash of Freedom Cigars house blends. And life is too damn short to not get a box of Ernesto’s Finest (a local treasure). But my mind wanders to the question of what cigar would be appropriate, historically, esoterically, or for any other reason would be noteworthy for company on Safari? What historical, memorable, notable hunter in Africa or any where on the globe can be identified with a particular cigar?

I ask for your suggestions and rationale why. Thank you in advance!

I have been sitting on a La Palina Maduro for a couple years now. I'm not sure why I waited so long as it is pretty darn good. Very spicy with heavy anise and clove with a woody secondary flavor. Billows of smoke and razer burn. May not be my favorite but I'll buy this again.

I have mistakingly paired it with el dorado 15 rum thinking the cigar would be sweet. I think it would go best with a rye.

What time is that Turkey dinner?

Well, it was Saturday evening about 7:30. Cleaned and sliced a breast into about 1” cutlets, soaked in buttermilk, dusted with Big Spring Mills seasoned flour(order on line), and sauteed in cast iron skillet in olive or and butter. Mashed taters, white beans with ham hock, and Hawaiian rolls! Just saying.

33 days until my Brother and I board the first leg of our flights to SA. Checking, re-checking our “travel light” list. Pre-packing weight check, and re-second guess all of the above.

I suddenly realize my humidor is catostrophically low, and so an order is due to my favorite shop in Naples, Fl. What should I pick up

I definitely need a stash of Freedom Cigars house blends. And life is too damn short to not get a box of Ernesto’s Finest (a local treasure). But my mind wanders to the question of what cigar would be appropriate, historically, esoterically, or for any other reason would be noteworthy for company on Safari? What historical, memorable, notable hunter in Africa or any where on the globe can be identified with a particular cigar?

I ask for your suggestions and rationale why. Thank you in advance!

Obviously cigar taste are individual. I typically take two cigars for two different reasons. One type for the daily smoke, in the buggy, before the stalk, or after the lunch break. I take these in volume. The other is a better type for before and after dinner around the bush TV. That cigar is usually a Partagas Series D No. 5 Cuban. The best cigar on the planet in my humble opinion.

For the all around smoke, I will be taking to Zim in May the My Father Le Bijou 1922 in the short Robusto size. A good 30-40 min smoke, won’t break the bank, as is great for those times when an hour or so is not available. Will also have several boxes of my usual daily smoke here which is an El Rey Del Mundo Cafe Au Lait, a maduro 15 min smoke for those sneek a cigar in times.

Best of luck and enjoy your safari and whatever you smoke regardless!

Mort,
I really appreciate your "purpose built" strategy on smoke selection.

1) Every day sticks of shorter and regular durations - satisfies those brief smoke windows and the possibility of having to discard/cast-away.

2) Favorite or special sticks for when time is not limited, and savoring the smoke is called for.

Well done sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg