Would you like a Cigar?

As if Cigars weren't expensive enough, higher Cigar taxes could be looming.
Thanks for posting - Of course, leave it to politicians to try and bleed the turnip some more...taxes upon taxes

I've been saving this Partagas Red for a while now. Nice smoke, lives up to its reputation. First 3rd - super sweet chocolate and coffee with a healthy dose of pepper (perhaps too much for my liking but it was in the background). Second 3rd - sweetness wore off but same flavors. Pepper is forward now with a bit of hay. Its getting harsh just after the 50% mark so it's time to let it go out.

I would smoke again but I wouldn't seek it out. I like the oaky nutty flavors and this didn't have it. It was good though

20210402_222110.jpg

As if Cigars weren't expensive enough, higher Cigar taxes could be looming.
I would trade with the taxes in the US in a heartbeat. I used to smoke cigarettes and shag (rolling tobacco). Shag costed me 4 euro's. That was more than a decade ago. Now 15 euros and with less in it. I'm glad I stopped smoking 8 years ago. Now only cigars and very rarely ( when drinking too much) a cigarette.

The AM smoke victim this morning - Started out with a decent pepper kick but mellowed out after the first 1/3rd. Burnt pretty well but had to keep touching up one side to keep the burn line even. This was a long smoke - a bit longer than my walk. I would say it would it would go at least an 1-1/2 hour +. Good smoke though.

Crowned Heads - 2019 Las Calaveras.jpg

Afternoon smoke. Beautiful robusto. First third rich flavor, dark leather and a taste that reminded me of food I ate in the Azores that was cooked in a volcanic spring. The natural sulfur ( in a pleasant way)taste with strong tobacco.

Second third ,the sulfur taste becomes milder, in the retrohale strong oak flavor. At the end of the second third some floral notes.

Last third my mouth tastes like I ate some dark chocolate. The cigar is strong, still the oak on the retrohale.

Overall a very good cigar, luckily I have another one in the humidor.

PXL_20210403_122258838.jpg

One of the better Cubans I smoked. In general I find the Cubans overrated if In compare them with for example a premium cigar from Nicaragua.
Im primarily a pipe tobacco smoker, but a great cigar I will never pass up!
I agree. Cubans are overrated, I believe because of the import restriction. I stay content on what I can find in my local smoke shop. But I have friends that do the cruise ships a few times a year. They always grab me a cuban. Who am I to turn them down ?

Your first cigar? Did you enjoy it?

Jip. First one.

Not a smoker, so was something new.
But think I can enjoy it on the right occasion.

Bought this one for when I hunt my first ele. Now I'll need to shoot an ele

But I have friends that do the cruise ships a few times a year. They always grab me a cuban. Who am I to turn them down ?
Cherish those friends! .. No nothing wrong with them, have multiple in my humidor but they are not the most bang for the buck I mean.

Jip. First one.

Not a smoker, so was something new.
But think I can enjoy it on the right occasion.

Bought this one for when I hunt my first ele. Now I'll need to shoot an ele
In time, meaning you smoke a couple ;) , there comes the time that you have a "eureka" moment. Your palate opens and you taste all kinds of things. Then you will appreciate cigars much more. It does not take long.

80% of our taste comes through out nose. Learning to retrohale is a must in my opinion. There a lots of articles and videos online.

Enjoy your cigars and good luck with the ele hunt! That is in my opinion the best pairing possible ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.