inkonkoni

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique
First off, thank you for the reminder to those who plan on an African Safari to practice from the sticks.

Living in South Africa and having hunted a fair bit, the one piece of equipment besides a trusted rifle that always goes along on a hunting trip is a trusted pair of sticks. I prefer traditional sticks.

Shoot straight

Trogon

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DU, RGS/AWS, NRA
Hunted
KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX
@Philip Glass is a good enabler, after viewing his well done video, I purchased a set of @African Sporting Creations Traditional 2-piece fully-loaded sticks this week. Ordered Monday afternoon and had them by Wednesday. These are solid sticks! I believe I'm going to prefer these over my Primos Triggerstick. Hoping to try these out this weekend, barring rainy weather on Sunday. I'll give a review as soon as I use them.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
@Philip Glass is a good enabler, after viewing his well done video, I purchased a set of @African Sporting Creations Traditional 2-piece fully-loaded sticks this week. Ordered Monday afternoon and had them by Wednesday. These are solid sticks! I believe I'm going to prefer these over my Primos Triggerstick. Hoping to try these out this weekend, barring rainy weather on Sunday. I'll give a review as soon as I use them.
Look forward to your review.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA

yhc

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA (Alaska, Colorado, Kansas), Germany, Austria
I decided to go with a set of Viper Flex Journey XL shooting sticks. I took delivery of it last week and tried it out at my local range yesterday for the first time. It was very quick to set up and gave a plenty stable platform to shoot my 450 NE.

450 NE.jpg

As mentioned, I compared it to Blaser shooting stick but Blaser stick does NOT collapse short enough which makes traveling with it more difficult.

Regards,

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Which is the best Shooting Sticks for coyote hunting?
Any idea about these, guys?
I usually take my trigger sticks. Most versatile as they are as good for standing as for sitting.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.