Shoot Or Pass?

Uh ………. No !? :oops:
There's a history here, sir. @Dudders is the only guy here that I know that has a Cape Grysbuck, a collector's species by the way, skullcap mount. Yip, right in the head.
 
Marius... your the one to blame for my tiny ten passion and it all started with a a dandy duiker. Angles can be deceiving but the duiker in the photo looks to be much larger than the one I took with you nearly ten years ago. It appears to be time to shoot first and measure later.
This is an exceptional specimen. Once in a lifetime type of deal.
 
Well, Gentlemen, thank you for playing along. This is indeed an unbelievable specimen. He managed to win this round. He was simply in an area where you would either be 25 yards or 250 yards with a bad wind for an approach.
Our estimation was between 6-6.5" which is a once in a life time animal for this species.
 
I'd sure shoot. I often picture in my head the one that we saw the day we were Waterbuck hunting. Of the animals that I've seen and not shot, he stands out the most.
 
I'd sure shoot. I often picture in my head the one that we saw the day we were Waterbuck hunting. Of the animals that I've seen and not shot, he stands out the most.
Sometimes your waterbuck hunt needs to quickly change into a duiker hunt;)
 
Sometimes your waterbuck hunt needs to quickly change into a duiker hunt;)
Well the waterbuck hunt ended up pretty successful. But in hindsight I think you’re right!
 
My PH says shoot=I shoot. That one looks bigger than any I have ever seen yet alone shot.

MB
 
Well the waterbuck hunt ended up pretty successful. But in hindsight I think you’re right!
Hey I've seen a water buffalo stalk put on hold to swing the rifle on a dingo in Australia;)
 
I'm not hesitating on that ram. He looks about at least an inch bigger than the one I shot this past summer which I was told was a really good ram.

I'm just hoping I have something fast and flat with me, so I could get on the sticks regardless of distance. Animals like that always seem to appear when you're either super close and need a quick snap shot, or super far away but don't have the long range tools. I'm about 1/2 way to finishing my Tiny 10 so a trip to Natal and the Eastern Cape to specifically target the rest of them is in the future.
 
The horns look like they’re about 10 inches are more…..if so…..BANG!
 
Well, Gentlemen, thank you for playing along. This is indeed an unbelievable specimen. He managed to win this round. He was simply in an area where you would either be 25 yards or 250 yards with a bad wind for an approach.
Our estimation was between 6-6.5" which is a once in a life time animal for this species.
Bummer he won that round! Nice seeing the pic and all the opinions about it! (y) :)
 
Upon further reading, it seems I way overestimated, but still…..BANG!
 
That's a ram someone will get by chance. And that will be the beauty of it. I hope they appreciate that.
 
That's a ram someone will get by chance. And that will be the beauty of it. I hope they appreciate that.
Or we'll run into him, facing and feeding away at 60 yards, and the hunter will say he already has a Duiker.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
 
Skiet hom pappie!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,660
Members
169,392
Latest member
ShanelZ418
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top