www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
My head PH, Nick took this photo while out hunting. Photo is a little bit blurry. Shoot or pass on this Common Duiker?

IMG-20230118-WA0005.jpg

Is that the one that was bedded in the bushes and sneezed while we were waiting on the eland?

Shoot. Horns look to be longer than the ears.

I know little about Duiker except seeing them fairly often here and there. However, based on what I see written about them when discussing trophy qualities in 1/8 inch increments and judging against ear length and assuming those are horns showing and not twigs…. Shooooot! :)

Is that the one that was bedded in the bushes and sneezed while we were waiting on the eland?

Shoot. Horns look to be longer than the ears.
Same area. :unsure:

I know little about Duiker except seeing them fairly often here and there. However, based on what I see written about them when discussing trophy qualities in 1/8 inch increments and judging against ear length and assuming those are horns showing and not twigs…. Shooooot! :)
Those are not twigs....

I would say shoot unless there is something that we do not know about.

From the rear is a funny angle, but he looks at least a half-inch taller than the one across the way in the trophy room. I wouldn't hesitate.

From what I can see on pic I would smoke him up. Res. not great as you mentioned but looks like a very nice ram.
My best.

Marius... your the one to blame for my tiny ten passion and it all started with a a dandy duiker. Angles can be deceiving but the duiker in the photo looks to be much larger than the one I took with you nearly ten years ago. It appears to be time to shoot first and measure later.

SHOOOOT!!!!. I had the same opportunity in the Eastern Cape in 2019. I declined it and my backside is still sore from the daily ass kicking I self administer.

Shoot. Straight in the back of the head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!