Namibia Top 10 With Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris AH Special

I also just returned from hunting Khomas and was in camp with Fish Hunter. Phillip, his brother Jan and Mr Hennings have a wonderful place. So many beautiful healthy herds of mega fauna despite the drought. Very high quality accommodations and excellent German meals daily. In addition, I wasn’t able to haul my own rifle and used one of Phillip’s several Helix .300 Win Mags with high quality Federal premium bullets and superb Schmit and Bender scopes added to the enjoyment of the hunt. They have good triggers too! Elephant Camp was a special treat where I collected an old Giraffe bull and saw wild elephants and White Rhino. Also went up to my PH’s, Ralph Leidke’s ranch and collected a special little Damara Dik Dik. Phillips dad had a nice 12 gauge Franchi bird gun that I used for him. While hunting kudu, I saw my first wild leopard working a ridge in the late evening. I traveled from the summer heat of Texas and enjoyed the icy cold evenings and mild days. The ranches resembled Old Mexico and deep Southwest Texas. My forearms were bloody at the end of each day from the acacia thorn or ‘cat claw’ as we call it. Ralph is 30 years old and I’m 49. So I burned gravy daily keeping with with him up and over the mountains. I’m accustomed to shooting off the traditional wooden sticks, but I and they have discovered the 4StableSticks which also support the stock and provide a considerable more stable shooting platform when there’s no boulder to rest on. We had some longer than average shots. My Springbok was at 280 and small target. The stable sticks made it happen. Highly recommended! I left mine with Ralph, but ordered a new set when I got home. Thx Phil and Ralph! It was a tremendous experience all around. I would have stayed another week, but gotta make a living!

Will either one of you two gents be writing a trip report with pictures????

We are just recently back from a 5 day stay with Philip at Khomas Hochland Hunting Safaris. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Philip and his crew for an excellent stay and hunt. My wish list included 1 old Kudu bull and 1 old Gemsbok bull. Both wishes where fulfilled and I am very happy with all the arrangements made by Philip and PH Isac.

The lodge is well equipped and food excellent. My wife enjoyed the stay (she is a non hunter) and followed me on most of the hunts, making it memorable hunting days for both of us. All in all a very enjoyable and adventurous stay. If you are planning to go to Namibia and Khomas Hochland, then please do not hesitate to contact me by PM if you want to hear more about my experiences.

Sitting in ATL just returned from 11 days with The crew at Khomas....my third trip in three years....need I say more? A great time was had by all. Overlapped some days with Fishhunter and his wife and two friends....great group...they got some once in a lifetime trophies....and I mean once in a
Lifetime.

I also just returned from hunting Khomas and was in camp with Fish Hunter. Phillip, his brother Jan and Mr Hennings have a wonderful place. So many beautiful healthy herds of mega fauna despite the drought. Very high quality accommodations and excellent German meals daily. In addition, I wasn’t able to haul my own rifle and used one of Phillip’s several Helix .300 Win Mags with high quality Federal premium bullets and superb Schmit and Bender scopes added to the enjoyment of the hunt. They have good triggers too! Elephant Camp was a special treat where I collected an old Giraffe bull and saw wild elephants and White Rhino. Also went up to my PH’s, Ralph Leidke’s ranch and collected a special little Damara Dik Dik. Phillips dad had a nice 12 gauge Franchi bird gun that I used for him. While hunting kudu, I saw my first wild leopard working a ridge in the late evening. I traveled from the summer heat of Texas and enjoyed the icy cold evenings and mild days. The ranches resembled Old Mexico and deep Southwest Texas. My forearms were bloody at the end of each day from the acacia thorn or ‘cat claw’ as we call it. Ralph is 30 years old and I’m 49. So I burned gravy daily keeping with with him up and over the mountains. I’m accustomed to shooting off the traditional wooden sticks, but I and they have discovered the 4StableSticks which also support the stock and provide a considerable more stable shooting platform when there’s no boulder to rest on. We had some longer than average shots. My Springbok was at 280 and small target. The stable sticks made it happen. Highly recommended! I left mine with Ralph, but ordered a new set when I got home. Thx Phil and Ralph! It was a tremendous experience all around. I would have stayed another week, but gotta make a living!
Thank you Greg for exploring and hunting with us!

We are just recently back from a 5 day stay with Philip at Khomas Hochland Hunting Safaris. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Philip and his crew for an excellent stay and hunt. My wish list included 1 old Kudu bull and 1 old Gemsbok bull. Both wishes where fulfilled and I am very happy with all the arrangements made by Philip and PH Isac.

The lodge is well equipped and food excellent. My wife enjoyed the stay (she is a non hunter) and followed me on most of the hunts, making it memorable hunting days for both of us. All in all a very enjoyable and adventurous stay. If you are planning to go to Namibia and Khomas Hochland, then please do not hesitate to contact me by PM if you want to hear more about my experiences.

Thank you for your recommendation :) hope to welcome you and your wife back in Africa soon. greetings Philip

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my wife just returned home a few hrs ago along with 2 good friends from hunting this package with Philip. We had an amazing time and if anyone is thinking about hunting there send me a pm and I’d be glad to tell you all about it!
you should consider sharing your hunting adventure with our fellow Africa hunters since you and your friends have an experience few can match ;-)

I was under thee impression that wildebeest werent free ranged in Namibia? Is that not the case? Or is my impression wrong?

I was under thee impression that wildebeest werent free ranged in Namibia? Is that not the case? Or is my impression wrong?
There are numerous places that have both black and blue free range even though the black and maybe blues were introduced they are still there without being high fenced.

Dear hunting friends,

the Namibia Top 10 package will be available at the same conditions for 2020! With this package you save 2820 US$.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Below some pictures of our renovated Alt Heusis Villa which was built in 1905 by the German Farming Company! My team and myself are looking forward to welcome you in Namibia for a unique Hunting Safari!

Best regards

Philip

KHS_ROOM_RGB_06_v1.jpg
KHS_ROOM_RGB_01_v1.jpg
_SVE2591.jpg
_SVE2501.jpg
_SVE2581.jpg
_SVE2243-HDR.jpg
_SVE2834.jpg
KHS_PANO_RGB_01_v1.jpg

Ladies and Gents,

The Khomas Hochland Highlands is one of those places that if you go there, you soon will be asking yourself;
“How can this place not be famous among the traveling hunters of the world”?

It is approximately 4 million acres of not-game-fenced African bush veld, through which herds of big game still migrate each year.
Plus, some outstanding opportunities to also hunt non-migrating species exist there as well.
One example is that these Highlands have huge kudu bulls in abundance, (among other resident/non-migrating species there).

Compared to the more popular African hunting areas, there is very little hunting pressure up in the Khomas Hochland and the hunting success rate there is outstanding.
Also, it is technically not a desert.
It receives too much rainfall and has year around water holes to qualify as a desert.
Warthog (very water dependent species) are there in huntable numbers.
Some very respectable boars are bagged up there each year.
It is a “mountain bushveld eco system” or a “mountain grassveld eco system” (I should have written it down lol).

Well anyway, if you want to hunt a free range area in a wild part of Africa, that is still affordable to us working class folk, give Philip a call, you will thank me later for this advice.

Meanwhile, feel free to PM me with any questions that you might have about my post here.

Best regards,
Paul (Velo Dog)
Anchorage.

PS:
Before I went to work for Philip, I had posted something called “The Old Dog Hints Again”.
It was about my booking a hunt with Philip, when I was first becoming a client of his.
That post then segways into my hunting report up in the highlands and a side trip down into the Kalahari, with Philip and crew.
If you get a chance, please read through it, to get a feel for what Philip Hennings has to offer for us not wealthy types.
PM sent. RC.

Dear hunting friends,

the Namibia Top 10 package will be available at the same conditions for 2020! With this package you save 2820 US$.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Below some pictures of our renovated Alt Heusis Villa which was built in 1905 by the German Farming Company! My team and myself are looking forward to welcome you in Namibia for a unique Hunting Safari!

Best regards

Philip

View attachment 298385 View attachment 298386 View attachment 298387 View attachment 298388 View attachment 298391 View attachment 298392 View attachment 298395 View attachment 298398
Including kudu?

Going back next year, that will be my fourth visit in as many years with Philip and the Khomas crew. I have hunted Limpopo, the East Cape (2) and keep returning to Namibia with Khomas, great hunting great experience and wonderful memories, free range with lots of game. Please, if anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me.

Namibia still your number one hunting destination in Africa! Looking forward to your inquiry

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris is looking forward to a great hunting season after we received some good rainfall! Please contact me if you have any questions oder inquiries! You are not too late yet to book your 2020 hunting safari!
philip@khomas-highland-hunting.com

Best regards from Namibia

Philip

DSC_1373 copy.jpeg
IMG_3985 copy.jpeg
DSC_1408a.jpeg
DSC_0034.jpeg
P1010466.jpeg

18 days until me and two friends leave to hunt with Philip!!!! Not that I’m counting:)

Cannot way to see Namibia and chase game with Khomas.

I will say Philip has been extremely accommodating and answered emails quick and very responsive.

Can’t wait to write the trip report and show our success.

Philip I look forward to seeing you soon!!

18 days until me and two friends leave to hunt with Philip!!!! Not that I’m counting:)

Cannot way to see Namibia and chase game with Khomas.

I will say Philip has been extremely accommodating and answered emails quick and very responsive.

Can’t wait to write the trip report and show our success.

Philip I look forward to seeing you soon!!
Looking forward to a great time with you! See you soon!

Philip, Is this available in 2021? Can a substitute at same trophy fee be made?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg