AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Well figured I would start this hunt report before we head out. Those who have read some of my reports in the past know that one of my life's pleasures is surprising my wife. After our 2018 safari and keeping the second safari a secret for over a year, she made me promise her to not surprise her again while she was still working. I kept my promise, however I interpreted that in my favor. Fast forward a couple years and she is retiring the last day of July 2021. So at DSC right before the COVID mess occurred I set up a safari to Namibia with Ekuja Safaris. We have both been wanting to go to Namibia for a safari, visit to skeleton coast and Estosha National park. And yes I kept that a secret till we were under a year, at which point Drikus sent my wife a WhatsApp text and said "Dave is very good at planning the hunting part but kinda is weak on the after hunt adventures" so I need your help:E Rofl: As you can guess my wonderful wife comes out to the shop with this stink-eyed look on her face and asked me "WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?) So I calmly explain that my retirement gift to her is a safari to Namibia. She adds I thought you promised not to surprise me. Where I calmly stated that we were flying on 6 Aug and would she or would she not be "Retire and no longer working" As usual I get the "That's not what I meant" followed buy the comment "You are such a guy" As she became accustom to the idea and started looking at the guidebook all was good. Only one last little hiccup, about a month later she had a puzzled look on her face and said I didn't let you out of my sight at DSC when did you set it up. So a little Whatsapp before we went and I signed the contract while you went to the bathroom at dinner, followed by passing Drikus the deposit under the table while you were enjoying desert.:A Stirring:

We we now have everything coordinated and coordinated with all parties, so we leave on Friday. She is looking forward to hunting some plains game and just relaxing. She will be shooting her M70 7mm REM MAG. I will be taking a super accurate Ruger #1 in 9.3x74. I am sure we will be super busy and I might be able to post a few things while there but I expect to do the bulk of the trip report when we get home. For me the outfitter started pree baiting about a week ago and this walked into the trail cam a couple days ago. So I am really looking forward to this adventure.

leopard.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, have fun and enjoy, one heck of a surprise and what a retirement gift,

Have a great time and may your bullets find the mark!

Best of luck, looking forward to it!

Good luck, shoot straight. Will be following along.

Go get'em sir! Safe travels.

Good luck to you both.

Safe travels and good hunting.

Have fun and safe travels hope spots becomes fat and lazy napping on the tree between meals.

Have fun, safe travels, happy hunting and enjoy the sight seeing to both of you.
Wheels up is just around the corner

Good luck AZDave! I love Namibia. Like all of our wives...yours is a lucky lady! :cool:

I appreciate your help and guidance on the stock upgrade on my new Ruger #1. It's always good to speak with someone who has experience. I have the rifle. Once I get back from Zimbabwe I'm going to focus on upgrading it.

Excellent scene setting. looking forward to hunting report. best of luck and safe travels.

Looking forward to the report Dave!

Sounds like this will be a grand adventure. Safe travels and looking forward to reading your report.

:A Thumbs Up::A Yell::A Yell: Another safari report in the making. Good luck to you sir, and may the Hunting Gods shine their good spell on both of you. Safe travels, and looking forward to pictures and report. (y)

Really looking forward to hearing about this adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg