How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Congratulations brother! Speedgoats are a blast to hunt!
Thanks JB. It has been a great weekend. My first Pronghorn hunt. I’ve lost track of the stalks we have made. My buddy got his tonight with about 30 minutes of light left with a great 220 yard shot.
74E8CB46-C9AD-4B71-8993-88E6107CDF4F.jpeg

Sand Rat

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Texas, Mississippi, Kansas, Botswana, Eastern Cape
Beautiful rifle! I have the same one in 275 rigby. Great handling rifles, ruger really nailed them.
I’ve got that one as well but prefer shooting the Swede over the Rigby.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I’ve been getting the hunting bug bad lately and didn’t want to wait until November for deer. So I called a buddy who farms along the forest fringe here in Saskatchewan and asked if he’s seen much bear activity. He said they were starting to hit his oats pretty hard so I should get up there. So I showed up today and he only had time to show me the field as he was harvesting and left me to fend for myself. Just as the light was starting to fade I noticed a whitetail doe and fawns about 300 yards away. All three were staring at something that was out of my sight so I figured I’d better go take a look. When I got into position I started scanning the oats and out of the corner of my eye I noticed the top of a bears head disappearing down into the standing oats. I got ready on the sticks and started to fawn bleat but the bear wasn’t responding. Finally he stood up on his hind legs 60 yards to the right of where I was aiming. Could just see head and neck to his shoulder but let one fly and was rewarded with the thump of a solid hit. Dropped him in his tracks!
9E6746A9-CAC1-46EA-B766-2B6FF65D8333.jpeg

Foxi

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I am getting ready and making plans for deer season already. I have a tremendous amount of culling to do this year. Both bucks and does will be in the crosshairs. Maybe one more year and I’ll get to take a big buck. I usually lease all my ranches out but have kept the place where I live for family. There will be plenty of venison here this fall!

JOHN WATERS

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
NM Sport Shooters Association, NRA, Boone and Crockett
Hunted
USA (NM, TX, AZ, CA, AK), RSA (East Cape), Romania
Connected on my first Pronghorn today. Opening morning in NE New Mexico. Very fun hunt so far with @BJONES .View attachment 364291
Great Pronghorn! I have put in for this hunt for fifteen years and can't ever seem to be drawn. Didn't get drawn for anything this year.

JOHN WATERS

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
NM Sport Shooters Association, NRA, Boone and Crockett
Hunted
USA (NM, TX, AZ, CA, AK), RSA (East Cape), Romania

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
I am getting ready and making plans for deer season already. I have a tremendous amount of culling to do this year. Both bucks and does will be in the crosshairs. Maybe one more year and I’ll get to take a big buck. I usually lease all my ranches out but have kept the place where I live for family. There will be plenty of venison here this fall!
I know the feeling I have to do pretty much all the culling on my family place leads to tons of deer meat and recipients experiments so it’s not that bad at all!

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Great Pronghorn! I have put in for this hunt for fifteen years and can't ever seem to be drawn. Didn't get drawn for anything this year.
Thank you, sir. We ended up buying tags to hunt private land. Draw rates for New Mexico for non-residents are dang near impossible. Better off buying lottery tickets!

liam375

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
NA and Zambia
I was lucky enough to sneak away to the Luangwa Valley for a buff and plains game hunt in Zambia just a few weeks ago. Certain countries in Africa are definitely open if you have the ability and inclination to travel right now. Glad I was able to get away in 2020.

slam8031

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
rsa
Opening day-South Carolina August 15,2020. Saw three bucks within first 25 min in the blind—90 yds suppressed 7mm rem mag stainless stalker (green cerakote) 154 grain Barnes. 68 degrees at day break (96 that afternoon!). 185 lbs and first in velvet since 18 years ago.

1C42F2AB-2661-43F3-9917-277CC8A83AA6.jpeg
AD92DEC0-072A-4A81-BD96-FD340D41F0FF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxieGrj6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation