How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

LiegeRiver

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, B&C, NAHC, RMEF, APOS
Hunted
Canada, USA
Well, I’m out of the starting blocks at 0500 tomorrow morning. Heading to northern BC, with a buddy on a hosted hunt, for bull moose and Mountain caribou. On a remote lake for 16 days. Taking my 300 Win Mag and Federal Fusion 180’s. Taking a fishing rod, too. I will post pictures on my return.

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Had the opportunity to hunt this Giraffe cow today. A combination of an over population in the area and this specific individual needing to be removed, the hunt went very well.
IMG_20200916_092519.jpg

One shot from my 416 Rigby was enough to get the job done. The 400gr Rhino performed beautifully.

IMG-20200916-WA0015.jpeg

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
I’ve been getting the hunting bug bad lately and didn’t want to wait until November for deer. So I called a buddy who farms along the forest fringe here in Saskatchewan and asked if he’s seen much bear activity. He said they were starting to hit his oats pretty hard so I should get up there. So I showed up today and he only had time to show me the field as he was harvesting and left me to fend for myself. Just as the light was starting to fade I noticed a whitetail doe and fawns about 300 yards away. All three were staring at something that was out of my sight so I figured I’d better go take a look. When I got into position I started scanning the oats and out of the corner of my eye I noticed the top of a bears head disappearing down into the standing oats. I got ready on the sticks and started to fawn bleat but the bear wasn’t responding. Finally he stood up on his hind legs 60 yards to the right of where I was aiming. Could just see head and neck to his shoulder but let one fly and was rewarded with the thump of a solid hit. Dropped him in his tracks!
View attachment 365539
I like a nice fall hide better than a spring hide. I prefer the shorter nap a dense shiny appearance over the long wooly springs...

npm352

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Idaho chukar opener. I love hunting these little devil birds. Pictured is Blixen, a pup from my Brittany breeding program.

IMG_20200919_173516_564.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

npm352

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
This is from the Idaho elk archery opener back at the end of August. My daughter is too young to hunt big game, but came along for the adventure. The arrow pictured was not original shot...I followed her up too quickly and she stuck her head up as I closed in.
20200830_083028.jpg

1dirthawker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
well,

no photos, but just got back from moose camp, we got two bulls, a forked horn and a 51" bull. was a great hunt with my family, uncle, son in law, and a buddy. tough trail in with machines, got there with some small problems. saw quite a few bulls, but not a lot of legal ones. quite a few cows, but no calves so I'm guessing the grizzly's need to be thinned out a bit.

cheers!

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Sadly my muzzleloading deer/elk hunt flopped. A bud and I spent a week near Granby, CO trying to find game. Very crowded area. the Last two days we found fresh elk sign, but they only moved during full darkness. Too steep of country for this aging hunter to pursue.
Talked to a number of bow and muzzleloading hunters and none had seen a single animal. Sadly the Williams Fork fire and Cameron Peak fire smoked us out. I don’t know, but I suspect the smoke may have driven a lot of game out of the area. I believe they don’t like it when their olfactory can’t detect danger.
Oh well it was an enjoyable hunt just being outside with a hunting bud for a few days. Guess that’s why it’s called “hunting” and not called “killing”! LOL!
6971C6A2-1D27-4C1B-906A-7E765D28EF8A.jpeg
E7B4D5FC-2A8F-4A5D-8862-C939CAF35F94.jpeg
7237CC25-B2CB-46C1-827F-F1017E64F460.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Enjoy the bush with Respect
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings