Hello new member Still Hunting

Still Hunting

Reaction score
I have heard of this forum from my adult son. We decided to attend Safari Club International at Las Vegas in 2018. Looking for a guided hunt in Alaska or Canada. We soon found SCI overwhelming. Four days proved One thing. Africa gave more animals for the money. A moose hunt with caribou or bear was too much compared to Africa. In 2019 we went to Vegas again. This time we narrowed our choices of Guides to those that could give us Eland Kudu Nyala and Bushbuck. We selected 5 companies and got bids on our animals. One company stood out in Quality and variety, along with reasonable prices. We put our deposits down for a hunt on my birthday in 2020. We know that year as Covid year. From March of 2019 to May of 2021. We worked through it all! Beginners, Travelers, Getting geared up to go wait on a list! Finally it came, finally for real. Our safari company promised us a lot! They delivered as promised. My son his wife and I were the first hunting group in over 14 months for our safari company, Somerby Safaries in South Africa. Terrible flight, plane canceled at last moment. There went a hunting day even before we got there. Next alternate route now was through Europe instead of Direct Flight. so Almost 30 hours in route picked up at airport just fine but only 4 hours sleep then 10 hour drive to Orange Free State and Two Rivers Meet hunting area. I took 7 animals over 5 days. All ended up in SCI record books. My son took 5 all better than mine except Eland. Then 10 hours back sleep one night in town then to Limpoppo. Our animals there right down to last afternoon. But we got them, again all SCI worthy, All fair chase and only one from the truck. Our beginning to Africa.

Welcome to AH Still Hunting, I am glad you hunt eventually came off and that it was so successful. When are you coming back?

Welcome to AH Still Hunting!

Welcome to AH!

welcome to ah

Hello and welcome!

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH Still Hunting, I am glad you hunt eventually came off and that it was so successful. When are you coming back?
We were in S Africa Most of the Month of may this year for our second trip. We add 3-6 days in Kruger Park as well. Our hunting guide has people who take clients to Parks and other attractions so it is seamless. They also own a guest Lodge near Sherwood so easy access to all the city stuff. Next hunt scheduled for 2025. May try for Tiny !0 if I can figure the animals on the list.

I have heard of this forum from my adult son. We decided to attend Safari Club International at Las Vegas in 2018. Looking for a guided hunt in Alaska or Canada. We soon found SCI overwhelming. Four days proved One thing. Africa gave more animals for the money. A moose hunt with caribou or bear was too much compared to Africa. In 2019 we went to Vegas again. This time we narrowed our choices of Guides to those that could give us Eland Kudu Nyala and Bushbuck. We selected 5 companies and got bids on our animals. One company stood out in Quality and variety, along with reasonable prices. We put our deposits down for a hunt on my birthday in 2020. We know that year as Covid year. From March of 2019 to May of 2021. We worked through it all! Beginners, Travelers, Getting geared up to go wait on a list! Finally it came, finally for real. Our safari company promised us a lot! They delivered as promised. My son his wife and I were the first hunting group in over 14 months for our safari company, Somerby Safaries in South Africa. Terrible flight, plane canceled at last moment. There went a hunting day even before we got there. Next alternate route now was through Europe instead of Direct Flight. so Almost 30 hours in route picked up at airport just fine but only 4 hours sleep then 10 hour drive to Orange Free State and Two Rivers Meet hunting area. I took 7 animals over 5 days. All ended up in SCI record books. My son took 5 all better than mine except Eland. Then 10 hours back sleep one night in town then to Limpoppo. Our animals there right down to last afternoon. But we got them, again all SCI worthy, All fair chase and only one from the truck. Our beginning to Africa.
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum! There's a great bunch people here!

Welcome and look forward to your participation!

Hello Still Hunting,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You mention Alaska.
I agree with you, it’s expensive.
Also, the weather here is often simply horrid for outdoor activity (and truly dangerous to fly through in our small bush planes).
Therefore, I don’t hunt big game here anymore, (my home is in Anchorage 41 years now).

Myself and no doubt others here look forward to your Hunt Report/s, especially your photographs (I’m pretty easy to entertain).

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

I love Africa but Velo dog nothing like the great North! A huge human less range. I’m thinking of Dall Sheep steaks on the side of a mountain.

I love Africa but Velo dog nothing like the great North! A huge human less range. I’m thinking of Dall Sheep steaks on the side of a mountain.
Some of the last true wilderness left on earth for sure.
And Dall Sheep steaks over a wood fire yes.
A great gourmet delight, it is one of the very best of the best,
Dall sheep ribs as well.
You're making me hungry.

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buck52

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,