- June 23
Share This Page
- rnovi was last seen:
- Jul 15, 2018 at 10:53 PM
- June 23
- State/Province of residence:
- Country of residence:
- Orange County
- How did you find AfricaHunting.com?:
- Web search
- About You:
- Hunting, Motorcycles, Hounds and most of all, My Honey!
- I am a:
- Member of:
- NRA, SCI, more I'm sure to come
- Have you hunted in Africa?:
- Number of times I have hunted in Africa:
- My favorite African country:
- I'm leaning towards Zambia...but I've only been to SA!
- South Africa, Texas, Alaska - hey, they count. Trust me!
- Species I have hunted in Africa:
- East Cape Kudu (greater), Blue Wildebeast, Hartebeast, Gemsbok, Steenbok, Duiker, Warthog, Blesbok and Impala.
- My best African Trophy:
- 44" Kudu, South Africa. Or maybe the 4.25" Steenbok.
- My favorite African trophies:
- Blesbok - oh the runaround and chase! Two and a half hours of running in circles... good times!
- My preferred weapon(s):
Pre-64 M70 in 300 H&H.
Montana 1999 in .375 H&H
Merkel K1 in 7mm RemMag (Stalking)
Remington M7 AWR in 7mm SAUM (when the weather turns to crap)
- What weapon(s) do you hunt with?:
- My preferred optic(s):
- Leica. No question, Leica.
- Gear I cannot live without:
- Superfeet insoles. Best investment in my shoes I've ever made.
- My best hunting tip:
- Kodiak Island - Sitka Blacktail. In early December. The first tent collapsed under snow and ice...I had a freshly mended broken arm and my guide tried to cut his finger off. Good Times!
- My other interests:
- Iron Butt motorcycling, track days, legendary trips called "We're not Smart" - part one, two and three...
SignatureThere's no such thing as "too much practice".