Hello from Georgia

Rimshot

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Just joined after lurking for a while and found a ton of good information. I've never been to Africa but so far Namibia seems like the place for me!

Lifelong hunter (in my 40's now), dad had me shooting, hunting, and even handloading (I was an unusually conscientious child) at a young age.

Live in west GA, (Polk co.), and finally at a point in my life I can afford to own a little bit of my own property to hunt and fish on.

I realized I have several less common/obsolete rimmed cartridges that I most often take into the field, hence the username (I'm not a drummer!)

Looking forward to contributing whatever I have learned so far!

Welcome aboard!

Hello and welcome! Hope you can make the journey to the African continent soon!

Welcome. you should enjoy this site

Welcome aboard, I live in Houston County.

Welcome to AH Rimshot!

Welcome to the other side. You found a great place to gather information on everything pertaining to hunting Africa.

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome Rimshot. If you are interested in Botswana we can certainly help. Thank you

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

My impression from the reports on here is that Namibia is quite affordable, has most of the species I'd like to hunt, low corruption, rural/remote, yet easy to get to from Atlanta.
The iconic Namibian species for me is the Gemsbok, but it must be in a dry semi-desert setting. I have seen videos of them in thick bush, it somehow seems all wrong.

Rimshot, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to helping push you to Africa! :ROFLMAO:

Hello Rimshot,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg