Hello from Colorado

dpswift

Reaction score
Hunted
Alaska, Alberta, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico
Welcome aboard. What caliber rifles do you own? Plains Game hunting in Africa is a "hoot." Nothing like it in the States. Have you already booked your hunt with an outfitter? What animals are you planning on taking?

As far as calibers, I have most of the usual suspects: .223, 7x57, 308, 30-06, 300WBY, 375, and a 416 Remington. But I've done most of my hunting with 22-250, 300WBY, and a 12 gauge . I have booked a plains game hunt with Karoo Wild Safaris for next April (my 30th wedding anniversary) and hope to take kudu, nyala, eland, bushbuck, impala, gemsbok, warthog, and zebra.

alexm

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, International Professional Hunters Association, AMOS Mozambique
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon, Central African Republic
Welcome to AH dpswift! Glad to have you on board.

Ironhorse375

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMBS life member, NRA, DU
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, United States
From another centennial stater, welcome. Congrats on your upcoming hunt to Africa.
Took my wife on first safari last year, also around our anniversary. Even thou she hunts with a camera, she had the " best vacation of her life"
She now understands my addiction much better, and Africa is not a one time deal for many. Enjoy all the great information on this site.Tight lines sir.

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Welcome @dpswift. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Welcome to AH dpswift! All the best with your planning. All the resources you need, right here on this forum.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome to AH sir!

Kowas Adventure Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
kowasadventure.com
Media
Articles
Member of
NAPHA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
NAMIBIA and ZIMBABWE and SOUTH AFRICA
dpswift
Welcome to this great Forum. Enjoy interacting...and gathering useful information to take an informative decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnyBandy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.