Hello from Colorado

Welcome aboard. What caliber rifles do you own? Plains Game hunting in Africa is a "hoot." Nothing like it in the States. Have you already booked your hunt with an outfitter? What animals are you planning on taking?

As far as calibers, I have most of the usual suspects: .223, 7x57, 308, 30-06, 300WBY, 375, and a 416 Remington. But I've done most of my hunting with 22-250, 300WBY, and a 12 gauge . I have booked a plains game hunt with Karoo Wild Safaris for next April (my 30th wedding anniversary) and hope to take kudu, nyala, eland, bushbuck, impala, gemsbok, warthog, and zebra.
 
Welcome to AH dpswift! Glad to have you on board.
 
From another centennial stater, welcome. Congrats on your upcoming hunt to Africa.
Took my wife on first safari last year, also around our anniversary. Even thou she hunts with a camera, she had the " best vacation of her life"
She now understands my addiction much better, and Africa is not a one time deal for many. Enjoy all the great information on this site.Tight lines sir.
 
Welcome @dpswift. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!
 
Welcome to AH dpswift! All the best with your planning. All the resources you need, right here on this forum.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
dpswift
Welcome to this great Forum. Enjoy interacting...and gathering useful information to take an informative decision.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,454
Messages
1,576,595
Members
170,605
Latest member
VallieTwm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top