Gentlemen, May I bring up a touchy subject?

Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
Gentlemen, may I bring up what I feel may be a very touchy subject but one in which we (AH members) have a unique opportunity to show that we are a different type of internet community than most of the rest?

I do this with respect to all here on the forum.

We have of recent, been contacted by what many conceive as "celebrities" in the hunting video world. As I did in my previous working life (and maybe some of you as well) I came in contact with (on a very personal basis) celebrities and I learned they were very hesitant to join with, or communicate in public, in groups or even to individuals because they were constantly being second guessed, taken to task, requested for interviews, promoted with offers and generally bothered because of their celebrity when, in fact, they would welcome a low key, please accept me as just another equal and not with any notoriety position. One who comes to mind was Steve McQueen. He was treated as just another airplane nut at a small airport in California. Everyone gave him the respect of being just one of the guys and didn't fawn all over his movie celebrity.

Several of those celebrities that I knew really wanted a place where they could feel they had friends and they could be themselves without the threat of being front page news with every thing they said. Being in the public eye is not easy. Being in the public eye, on TV, on a hunting production is even harder still. I'm sure most can imagine how some of the mail goes when sent to such people. They must be careful in everything they do.

It is with the greatest respect for all of you on this forum, that I propose that we, as a group, decide to continue to treat these newest members as friends, hunting companions, good fellows and to give them the respect that we would want and not treat them as targets for commentary or hit them up with endless offers, etc. Let's give them a place to relax with like minded folks, A place they can kick their feet up and enjoy a conversation with us all. A place where they can join us for dinner and have a comfortable time without worry. I'm sure they will test the waters from time to time and get more comfortable with us. We can learn a lot from their perspective. I know I would like to hear their point of view.

You, the AH members, have shown yourselves to be different than the rest of the internet world and now with these recent events lets keep moving in the same direction. For me, this is the only forum I feel comfortable posting on and I will do what ever I can to continue along our current path.

I must say that Jerome has done, and does, a remarkable job with this site. I don't think anyone could have done any better, period.

Cliffy,

That was very well said Sir, and I have to totally agree with you. I trust that everyone else here will too.

Thanks,
Jeff

Cliffy

It really does not make any difference where you go these day where someone always takes the opposite side, just because.

I have no issues with any celebrities posting on the forum to add to the experience, however you will need to be prepared for the 1 up man ship that does exist at times.

I am not sure what you have in mind, a introduction followed by a few post or will they start and post a safari review with pictures. with some follow up answers to questions. Both should be good to go from most AH members.

If your proposed members just make post like the most of us the more the merrier.

Gentlemen, may I bring up what I feel may be a very touchy subject but one in which we (AH members) have a unique opportunity to show that we are a different type of internet community than most of the rest?

We have of recent, been contacted by what many conceive as "celebrities" in the hunting video world. As I did in my previous working life (and maybe some of you as well) I came in contact with (on a very personal basis) celebrities and I learned they were very hesitant to join with, or communicate in public, in groups or even to individuals because they were constantly being second guessed, taken to task, requested for interviews, promoted with offers and generally bothered because of their celebrity when, in fact, they would welcome a low key, please accept me as just another equal and not with any notoriety position. One who comes to mind was Steve McQueen. He was treated as just another airplane nut at a small airport in California. Everyone gave him the respect of being just one of the guys and didn't fawn all over his movie celebrity.

Several of those celebrities that I knew really wanted a place where they could feel they had friends and they could be themselves without the threat of being front page news with every thing they said. Being in the public eye is not easy. Being in the public eye, on TV, on a hunting production is even harder still. I'm sure most can imagine how some of the mail goes when sent to such people. They must be careful in everything they do.

It is with the greatest respect for all of you on this forum, that I propose that we, as a group, decide to continue to treat these newest members as friends, hunting companions, good fellows and to give them the respect that we would want and not treat them as targets for commentary or hit them up with endless offers, etc. Let's give them a place to relax with like minded folks, A place they can kick their feet up and enjoy a conversation with us all. A place where they can join us for dinner and have a comfortable time without worry. I'm sure they will test the waters from time to time and get more comfortable with us. We can learn a lot from their perspective. I know I would like to hear their point of view.

You, the AH members, have shown yourselves to be different than the rest of the internet world and now with these recent events lets keep moving in the same direction. For me, this is the only forum I feel comfortable posting on and I will do what ever I can to continue along our current path.

I must say that Jerome has done, and does, a remarkable job with this site. I don't think anyone could have done any better, period.

Cliffy thats really nice of you. i really really just want to be treated the same as the ordinary people on here :p:tongue::biggrin2::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well said Cliffy
And Spike, we will treat you as a ordinary guy.....:biggrin2::beer:

You guys crack me up......

Cliffy,
I think you already knew the answer to your post. EVERYONE is welcome here, celebrity or not. As has been said before, that's what makes this site what it is....respect for one another (well....maybe except for Spike!....just kidding) If they are that worried about it, they can set up with an anonymous site name and no one would be the wiser.

Cliffy thats really nice of you. i really really just want to be treated the same as the ordinary people on here :p:tongue::biggrin2::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Spike your being silly again hes talking about me. as stated there is no one that is not welcome on this site, well maybe not those kitchen salesmen. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I really thought I was being obtuse enough to keep spike's notoriety obscure :)
I agree with Bob about keeping those kitchen salesmen out of the loop.
I did feel the need to mention the subject because of things I have seen in my past working life and just wanted to bring it up. Everyone here is the cream of the crop with decorum and courtesy. And yes, I already knew the answer, as Buff-Buster so rightly mentioned.
A raise of the glass and a tip of the hat to you all!

Cliffy, point made, now who are you really???? Just messing with you.

I understand what you are getting at, why some would be reluctant, just look at what happened to the Trump boys.... However if they were a part of this forum (known or not known) I am sure most would welcome them with open arms.

No need to worry, I have managed to keep my identity secret until now,,, I am Spuds McKinsey, mascot for Budwieser. :beer::beer: Again Kidding....

Lowly concrete guy who loves Africa and all she's about.

Cliffy,

Interesting post.

Let me remind you of another you made recently

Having been in contact with a few "hunting celebrities" over the years there are only a couple that I would want to "host " for dinner. Many get caught up in their own importance and lose site of where they came from or who made them what they are. But, you have to have a big ego if your going to be out there on TV.

That would make me feel welcomed if I was a celebrity, especially since a couple of guys who post here are on TV and have made multiple videos. One of them I know well and he has no ego about what he does.

Absolutely agree with everyone's comments. Whenever I need a dust-up, I can go to 24 hr and be in a firefight in minutes. Thank goodness for this safe harbor.

WOW just fought my way out of the club past all these fans ......:acclaim::worship::clapping::flashboobies::flashboobies::flashboobies: and its so nice to be back talking to you normal people :cool: i just so love you all :tongue::p:laughing::giveusahug::crazylol::draught::beer::beer::beer:

WOW just fought my way out of the club past all these fans ......:acclaim::worship::clapping::flashboobies::flashboobies::flashboobies: and its so nice to be back talking to you normal people :cool: i just so love you all :tongue::p:laughing::giveusahug::crazylol::draught::beer::beer::beer:

Ok Spike, you just made it on my "bucket list". #6 - Meet Spike in bar, have a few "Zimbabwe Bulldogs", tell a few lies and think up some new ones! Sounds like a grand plan to me!!.....LMAO

ha ha ha don t ever change spikey
hey BB whats in a zimbabwe bulldog in about 354 days id like to try one of them

This site is for everyone, agreed don't think that anyone here has an issue with that, good post Cliffy,,,,, spike can't wait for Reno!

My best always

The part that is the biggest problem is how the hundreds of women throw themselves at me......I mean for crying out loud I'm a married man!!
In all seriousness Cliffy you have a point, but I really don't think there's too much to worry about.

This site is for everyone, agreed don't think that anyone here has an issue with that, good post Cliffy,,,,, spike can't wait for Reno!

My best always

Had such a good time in Dallas wish I could join all of you in Reno. Oh Man that would be another late night.;)

My best always

in training hope i dont peak too early :heh::beer::beer::biggrin2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg