First African Adventure

etsonaut

Gold supporter
AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC, WSF
Relatively new to the site. I am looking to make my first trip to Africa this year. Interested primarily in Buffalo, Eland, Kudu, Waterbuck and maybe a few other opportunistic species. Wife will be making the trip as well so camp comfort is important. My initial considerations are Namibia, S. Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. I am seeking suggestions and/or references on outfitters and locations. Thanks in advance!

From the perspective of someone who has only hunted Africa once, but fairly recently (2021) I can recommend Aru Game Lodges in Namibia. They do camp comfort very well.

They have two large hunting properties in central Namibia, each with their own character. Veronica is more flat, and I found the "seas" of grassland to be mesmerizing in their beauty. Kalakwa is more rocky and mountainous. That was also fun. You can hunt eland, kudu and waterbuck at Kalakwa.

As far as I know they also offer buffalo, but for that they have access to a camp in the Caprivi area. I haven't been there.

Good day sir,

We will certainly be able to help you out with what you are looking for.
We have a comfortable camp in the Waterberg Mountains, Limpopo South-Africa. It is 2.5Hours from OR Tambo airport and there are also numerous activities and excursions for your wife nearby.

Feel free to get in touch with us anytime.
Regards,
Rouan

Hi @etsonaut,

Planning your first trip is always exciting and part of the experience!
I can offer you assist you and have send you a PM with some info

Sincerely
Dieter

Good Day Sir

We also have an excellent area for Buffalo and plains game in Zimbabwe with comfortable accommodations

Regards

Rouan

Good evening sir and welcome to AH.

Its always exited to plan your first trip to Africa, exploring the Dark continent.
I would like to interduce DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS to you as we are a family operated Outfit in the Lowveld of South Africa by myself and my wife Johlene.

Why choose DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS.
With years of experience on Dangerous Game we know that we will give you some of the best hunting there is, getting up close and Hunting the them the right way and doing it all in some of the most well known Dangerous game hunting areas in Southern Africa the Lowveld.

Please feel free to go and have a look at our website and ask any questions you feel needed, we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Greetings Derian

From the perspective of someone who has only hunted Africa once, but fairly recently (2021) I can recommend Aru Game Lodges in Namibia. They do camp comfort very well.

They have two large hunting properties in central Namibia, each with their own character. Veronica is more flat, and I found the "seas" of grassland to be mesmerizing in their beauty. Kalakwa is more rocky and mountainous. That was also fun. You can hunt eland, kudu and waterbuck at Kalakwa.

As far as I know they also offer buffalo, but for that they have access to a camp in the Caprivi area. I haven't been there.
Thank you for the feedback. I will check them out.

Good evening sir and welcome to AH.

Its always exited to plan your first trip to Africa, exploring the Dark continent.
I would like to interduce DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS to you as we are a family operated Outfit in the Lowveld of South Africa by myself and my wife Johlene.

Why choose DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS.
With years of experience on Dangerous Game we know that we will give you some of the best hunting there is, getting up close and Hunting the them the right way and doing it all in some of the most well known Dangerous game hunting areas in Southern Africa the Lowveld.

Please feel free to go and have a look at our website and ask any questions you feel needed, we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Greetings Derian
Thank you! I will visit your website tonight.

Welcome @etsonaut

Please feel free to contact me if you need more information about our operation and what we can offer you and your wife on your dream safari. We are in a safe environment only 2 hours west of Johannesburg international airport. We are situated just far enough from the city of Rustenburg to truly experience the African bush and wildlife but close enough to many non-hunting activities should you feel like doing something other than hunting.

My personal best
Gerrit

Hi sir
Welcome welcome welcome
Dm sent

Good Day Sir

Welcome to AH. You will get all the info here that you would need.

Regards

Welcome aboard! Lots of great and vetted outfitter sponsors on this site!

We can certainly also help with all the species mentioned on one large private game reserve.
Lodge is very comfortable and situated in the middle of hunting area so no driving to other "concessions".
All the species mentioned on your list plus many more available in the same game reserve.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I am seeking suggestions and/or references on outfitters and locations. Thanks in advance!

I would recommend taking a serious look at Limcroma Safaris. They arranged a couple's package for us that was outstanding.! I'm sure they will exceed your wife's expectations on every level! PM me if you have any questions about my experiences.

I would recommend taking a serious look at Limcroma Safaris. They arranged a couple's package for us that was outstanding.! I'm sure they will exceed your wife's expectations on every level! PM me if you have any questions about my experiences.
Thank you for the advice. I am currently speaking to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeanna9950

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.