SOUTH AFRICA: 1st African Safari With Limcroma Safaris Beyond My Wildest Dreams

Harry Branca

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I just got back from my 1st Safari in Africa, I'm glad I did a lot of research, it really paided off including using this website. I went for 10 days to the famous Limpopo Province of South Africa and it was amazing. I choose Limcroma Safari's based upon everything I heard from references and the game rich area. My expectations were very high to say the least, and I kept on telling myself, to rein them in a little. Especially since I've been hunting for over 45 yrs. I've had some really good hunts and some disappointeds as well. But Hannes Els who runs this operation is 1st class all the way, including all his PH's, Trackers, Chef's and the rest of his staff. They say pictures say a thousand words well here goes....I think my grin say's it all....what a hunt.
085.jpg
176.jpg
122.jpg
206.jpg
228.jpg
234.jpg
281.jpg

jduckhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
Well done sir, that grin should take a while to wear off.

SHOEDOG

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
LIFE NRA SCI
Hunted
USA CANADA
Harry,
Nice animals congratulations!
Doing your research paid off for you with a great hunt.
Regards
Shoedog

Scott Slough

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Pineywoods SCI, NAHC, TTH
Hunted
USA, South Africa (Eastern Cape)
Great trophies ... of a classic Limpopo lineup of animals!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Glad AH played a part in your planning.

I see that your expectation were met on the trophy end. Well done on all counts.
Congratulations.

Thanks for sharing.

Harry Branca

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I want to thank all you guys, for your help and support to make this hunt a dream come true, I just hope this post will help others with their decision making!. BTW for those that are interested 3 of the 7 animals qualify for Roland Ward!!! That's how good the quality of game we saw everyday. All the animals I shot were 8-9 yrs old or older..... We saw larger Kudu 55" + but they were still growing, so we past them up, to continue improving the gene pool.

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
Very impressive experience. Congratulations!

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Congratulations on your hunt. Glad you had a great time.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Looks like some nice animals. That Warthog looks like a real stud. Congrats on a great trip. Have you started planning your return trip yet? Thanks for sharing. Bruce

Wildside Outdoors

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
RMEF, NWTF, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, USA- AK, WY, UT, CO, TX, GA, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, IN, MO, MI, and good ole KY.
VERY AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

On my return flight from JHB to ATL, I talked with several guys returning from Limcroma; All were very well satisfied!

UKHunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
Love the Warthog!

Heaney

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Congrats!
Was your hunt a package, or a la carte?

Heaney

vancewalker007

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, RMEF, SCI
Hunted
RSA
I just got back from my 1st Safari in Africa, I'm glad I did a lot of research, it really paided off including using this website. I went for 10 days to the famous Limpopo Province of South Africa and it was amazing. I choose Limcroma Safari's based upon everything I heard from references and the game rich area. My expectations were very high to say the least, and I kept on telling myself, to rein them in a little. Especially since I've been hunting for over 45 yrs. I've had some really good hunts and some disappointeds as well. But Hannes Els who runs this operation is 1st class all the way, including all his PH's, Trackers, Chef's and the rest of his staff. They say pictures say a thousand words well here goes....I think my grin say's it all....what a hunt.
View attachment 48736 View attachment 48737 View attachment 48739 View attachment 48740 View attachment 48741 View attachment 48742 View attachment 48743
Looks like Limcroma is still doing it in style. My father and I hunted with them back in Sept 2013 and had the time of our lives. Nice trophies !

Last edited:

Sako AV

AH senior member
Reaction score
Congrats on the very successful safari! Those are some great trophies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaHard

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.