AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2022

It's not a vaccine scare, it's simply that I'm more worried about the vaccine than I am the covid. Liberals all scream "my body my choice" except when its something they want you to do. Give the vaccine 2 or 3 years and work the bugs out. I also don't take flu shots and nobody cares about that. Covid is just worse case of the flu, or cold. I'm comfortable taking my chances with no shot. If people want to get the shot I don't blame them and I don't think its a bad thing. I just don't find it necessary.

Any news on this @PHOENIX PHIL, thinking about buying plane tickets and getting hotel room

As far as I know the DSC convention will still happen. That said, need to coordinate with Jerome on this.

I am so gonna be there, you know even if they cancel the DSC we could all just go to Dallas for the weekend and hang out at a bar and have our own convention. Just an idea?
That is what we did last year. With the exception we cancelled our Dallas hotel and went to Ft Worth as a protest against City of Dallas causing DSC to be cancelled. Ft Worth had less restrictions too. Had a great time, but missed everybody.

@norfolk shooter, @KMG Hunting Safaris , and the rest of our other non-US folks wanting to visit this winter, a ray of hope appears to be gleaming

Thank you very much. I subsequently booked my accommodation today.(With a cancellation clause)

@BourbonTrail I let rip with a nice 'jolly good show' (british version of YEEEEEHAAAARRR!!!) when I got that news on the radio. Cant wait to see everyone now

Can't tell y'all how much I'm looking forward to this. Finally got my deposit paid and we are booked with Dalton&York for a 12 day in July of 2023. Really excited about my first DSC and getting to meet a lot of the crew here and hear a few "war stories" from some of you fellas with some boots on the ground experience in the safari game.

Just get to us before the drinks start flowing otherwise it gets messy

Look forward to seeing everyone at DSC. Texas has just had the largest drop in virus cases in the nation! We are number 1 but what’s new.
We are a go folks.

@Philip Glass I know I wont be able to take some of your delicious lamb home with me but is there any chance you can bring me some HC6 seasoning pls?

I just saw a post the the NRA just cancelled their convention. I hope this is not the start of many cancellations, particularly, DSC.

View attachment 419966
This cancellation was to duck a very angry membership*: 10s of thousands of angry members ... of the National Rifle Association. If I'd made 10s of thousands of NRA members angry, I might cancel my meeting with them ... all in the same room ... too. But I always try to avoid angering 10s of thousands of armed people whenever it can be decently avoided ... especially if we'll all be in the same room.

*- considered opinion based on evidence currently available.

Last edited:
This cancellation was to duck a very angry membership*: 10s of thousands of angry members ... of the National Rifle Association. If I'd made 10s of thousands of NRA members angry, I might cancel my meeting with them ... all in the same room ... too. But I always try to avoid angering 10s of thousands of armed people whenever it can be decently avoided ... especially if we'll all be in the same room.

*- considered opinion based on evidence currently available.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Covid in Houston was a convenient excuse. They also had many vendors saying they were staying home and whose empty booth spaces would be embarrassing.

As it was, they had less than 200 attend the Meeting of Members in Charlotte and 3/4s of them were directors, their spouses, and staff paid to be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg