AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2022

By bet is, not far behind. HSC will be next, if the NRA had to cancel Houston.
Harris County could not be governed by any less incompetent people unless maybe we could get Zuma in but South Africans aren’t allowed in so Sylvester da Cat and that Hildago POS are at the reigns! No way will HSC happen if they shut down the NRA!

Hook em, Gig em and Guns Up at my house.

Reactions: WAB
Or you can come to the DSC South Texas banquet, have a good meal, drinks and bid on some fine hunts and guns (last year was a couple of Rigby’s).

That also is not a bad idea. This is my first DSC so I didn't even know there was such a thing as a South DSC banquet
I've never heard of this either. Is this a Chapter of DSC or another meeting of the main organization?

Please do tell us more ;)

I've never heard of this either. Is this a Chapter of DSC or another meeting of the main organization?

DSC now has local chapters like SCI. Not a huge amount of them yet, but they’re out there, and expanding.

Hey Bob, I have not attended but this past April it was held just outside of San Antonio. There are a good number of members from south Texas that attend. Its a one night deal but a real good one based on what I have been told. Hopefully one of the active members of that group will fill all of us in on the details.

Yes, it’s a chapter of DSC. I believe the largest chapter and the one that raise the most funds for DSC. I have been every year and each year it get bigger, except last year. The past two years it’s been held at the JW Marriott resort in San Antonio. I have posted photos in the past from the event. It’s not a cheap event, by any means, but the food is good and drinks are included in the entry price. Marriott gives a Special rate if overnighting too. The Auction items are first rate. Hunts in Tanzania, RSA, Mexico, USA, New Zealand, Argentina. Firearms, last year two Rigby’s (helps that Blaser is in San Antonio)and some others. The National DSC has a drawing for an African hunt for new members signing up or renewing at the banquet, it’s fairly good odds. I will post on AH again when it’s sign up time.

The wife and I got reservations at the Aloft the day they opened them. This will be our first DSC and we are greatly looking forward to it. I have a question though. Will there be vendors there with stuff for sale? Clothing, binos, shooting sticks, boots? I have been wanting to get a little bit of gear for my upcoming hunt and I figured it would be best to just wait until I could try on/handle some of that stuff in person before purchasing. We are certainly looking forward to the AH dinner. Do we need to reserve tickets for that?
Yes there are some vendors with products for sale. THere are also some with just displays but you can order products on the spot usually at a discount. It is great to be able to shop this gear and clothes in person. Now I’m getting excited for show season to be here!

I am looking forward to this! Since I'm not going to Africa until August 2022, this will be the only thing I have to look forward to for awhile!
It will be a good time!

There are Chapters of SCI and DSC that have banquets all over the country. No comparison to the conventions but there is much to see and do.
Our San Angelo SCI banquet is set for March 5th. We are a top 5 (#2 worldwide for 2020) chapter and put on a fantastic event. Stay tuned!

That also is not a bad idea. This is my first DSC so I didn't even know there was such a thing as a South DSC banquet
You have SCI Chapters nearby with big events as well.

I don't know why there letting unvaccinated people fill up the hospitals and turning away some people who need cancer treatment or any other medical emergency.

What an asinine thing to say. If you're going to stick with that reasoning, then we shouldn't allow hard drinking, hard smoking fat people to get treatment either. The COVID vax is an easily proven sham.

What an asinine thing to say. If you're going to stick with that reasoning, then we shouldn't allow hard drinking, hard smoking fat people to get treatment either. The COVID vax is an easily proven sham.
@JGRaider. I couldn't agree with you more. Some people don't get it. When they banned those extra large sodas in New York a Brit friend of mine said he totally understood it and it made perfect sense. He said in Brittan that the government paid for your healthcare and they should be able to tell you what you can eat and drink if they're gonna foot the bill for your health. I found it so unfortunate that someone like him couldn't even grasp the basic concept of freedom to do what the hell ever you want no matter if its "good for you" by someone else's measure or not.
That being said I am fat and I like to grill red meat and drink heavily and I will go down with this ship. Ha ha.

I mentioned earlier that the latest Covid wave appears to have peaked or close to it. Let's hope so and also for the rest of the country. That said anything can happen in the next 4 months or so leading up to show season.

Well I see now that the health insurance companies just may do that. A private insurer probably put in more restrictions than a government plan. They can cancel you at their leisure. No travel no health insurance and no job all can happen and the government doesn't have to mandate anything.

@JGRaider. I couldn't agree with you more. Some people don't get it. When they banned those extra large sodas in New York a Brit friend of mine said he totally understood it and it made perfect sense. He said in Brittan that the government paid for your healthcare and they should be able to tell you what you can eat and drink if they're gonna foot the bill for your health. I found it so unfortunate that someone like him couldn't even grasp the basic concept of freedom to do what the hell ever you want no matter if its "good for you" by someone else's measure or not.
That being said I am fat and I like to grill red meat and drink heavily and I will go down with this ship. Ha ha.
You may go down with the ship when you have a heart attack and there no room in the ICU. I got covid was vaccinated got monoclonal antibody infusion off quarantine in a week. I just don't get the vaccine scare. Hell their screwing up another school year for there kids. Even Trump at his rally said get the shot and he was booed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.