Warthog Pictures

Here's the story. Last day/night in camp, leaving next morning around 10:00 a.m. Everything is packed including my hunting boots except for one rifle and some cold weather gear, goose down jacket, camo pants, long johns and headgear, basically all ready to launch for the airport. PH says, let's go out on the truck and get some springhares for the trackers. I grab the .17 Fireball, my hunting partner grabs his 17HMR. It's COLD. We're riding around for a couple hours whacking springhares when Holy Shit Batman, there's a nice warthog. PH says "Take him, take him, take him". He's about 75 yards away staring at the spotlight. I level the rifle, catch him in the scope, zoom to ten power and put the tip of the green triangle of the Trijicon below his eyeball and pull the trigger. THAWUMP, he is down hard. We jumped a fence and he' laying there dead. PH says put another in him, one never knows. Not arguing with him, I oblige. Second PH while loading him on the truck says, "Man, you got me working to the last minute". Turned out to be a successful not, a pile of springhares and one warthog.
20150423_200953.jpg

some more [wart]hog 'art'.....;)

SAM_4864_zps75d15f6a.jpg

NEED!

Observe, (OP).
Warthogs are not ugly, they are Cool.
I haven’t been to Africa or seen a real one but they are cool looking and affordable trophy’s.
The Warthog in my avatar is Maybe 8” high, I’m not home. Carved timber possibly made in Africa and missing his tusks, $20 at a garage sale. I just need a real one now.
There is a .308 and .458wm for comparison.
Aussie feral pigs are ugly and need management.

I like my pork processed, cured and smoked. Do they make Bacon from Warthogs? Ham? Serious question.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^ NICE ONES ^^^^^^

IMG_1385.JPG

Check the bottom tusks!!!!!

NEED!

Observe, (OP).
Warthogs are not ugly, they are Cool.
I haven’t been to Africa or seen a real one but they are cool looking and affordable trophy’s.
The Warthog in my avatar is Maybe 8” high, I’m not home. Carved timber possibly made in Africa and missing his tusks, $20 at a garage sale. I just need a real one now.
There is a .308 and .458wm for comparison.
Aussie feral pigs are ugly and need management.

I like my pork processed, cured and smoked. Do they make Bacon from Warthogs? Ham? Serious question.
Yes you can make bacon and ham from warthog, I have made both on several occasions, you just need a nice fat one for belly bacon

2017 Zimbabwe

RITfA9bl.jpg

One ancient Kalihari warthog. I really enjoy hunting warthogs!

6CE596A8-CA7F-4513-BA9C-03AF41818F9D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg