Warthog Pictures

Here's the story. Last day/night in camp, leaving next morning around 10:00 a.m. Everything is packed including my hunting boots except for one rifle and some cold weather gear, goose down jacket, camo pants, long johns and headgear, basically all ready to launch for the airport. PH says, let's go out on the truck and get some springhares for the trackers. I grab the .17 Fireball, my hunting partner grabs his 17HMR. It's COLD. We're riding around for a couple hours whacking springhares when Holy Shit Batman, there's a nice warthog. PH says "Take him, take him, take him". He's about 75 yards away staring at the spotlight. I level the rifle, catch him in the scope, zoom to ten power and put the tip of the green triangle of the Trijicon below his eyeball and pull the trigger. THAWUMP, he is down hard. We jumped a fence and he' laying there dead. PH says put another in him, one never knows. Not arguing with him, I oblige. Second PH while loading him on the truck says, "Man, you got me working to the last minute". Turned out to be a successful not, a pile of springhares and one warthog.
20150423_200953.jpg
 
some more [wart]hog 'art'.....;)

SAM_4864_zps75d15f6a.jpg


NEED!

Observe, (OP).
Warthogs are not ugly, they are Cool.
I haven’t been to Africa or seen a real one but they are cool looking and affordable trophy’s.
The Warthog in my avatar is Maybe 8” high, I’m not home. Carved timber possibly made in Africa and missing his tusks, $20 at a garage sale. I just need a real one now.
There is a .308 and .458wm for comparison.
Aussie feral pigs are ugly and need management.

I like my pork processed, cured and smoked. Do they make Bacon from Warthogs? Ham? Serious question.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^ NICE ONES ^^^^^^
 
IMG_1385.JPG
 
Check the bottom tusks!!!!!
 
NEED!

Observe, (OP).
Warthogs are not ugly, they are Cool.
I haven’t been to Africa or seen a real one but they are cool looking and affordable trophy’s.
The Warthog in my avatar is Maybe 8” high, I’m not home. Carved timber possibly made in Africa and missing his tusks, $20 at a garage sale. I just need a real one now.
There is a .308 and .458wm for comparison.
Aussie feral pigs are ugly and need management.

I like my pork processed, cured and smoked. Do they make Bacon from Warthogs? Ham? Serious question.
Yes you can make bacon and ham from warthog, I have made both on several occasions, you just need a nice fat one for belly bacon
 
2017 Zimbabwe

RITfA9bl.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One ancient Kalihari warthog. I really enjoy hunting warthogs!

6CE596A8-CA7F-4513-BA9C-03AF41818F9D.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,311
Messages
1,572,537
Members
169,579
Latest member
HaroldMack
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top