SOUTH AFRICA: Up Close In The Limpopo - Hunting Cape Buffalo With Phillip Bronkhorst

Great write up. Sounded darn exciting. Hope I am blessed enough to experience a similar hunt someday!

Thanks for sharing

Congrats, some great trophies taken! I'm sure taking that bushpig in daylight was like adding a cherry to the top of the cake.

A very enjoyable read. Thank you! And congrats on some beautiful animals and wonderful memories.

Congrats on a fine hunt and great buffalo. I remember when I first booked my hunt with KMG safaris for my buffalo hunt last August, I too was very unsure on the experience of a fenced hunt. I do remember you being leery on that, I know my experience was a good one and now I am glad your fenced buff hunt was too. Very nice animals.

Thanks RedLeg! Great story, the bull that chose you is wonderful and that black wildebeest is the one standing quartering to me in my dreams!
Cheers,
Cody

Great hunt sir! The other bulls hooking their fallen brother is an interesting sight to experience. In my on case I heard the smacking before I saw what was happening. Thanks for sharing your report. Glad you enjoyed your hunt in South Africa.

Great hunt and fantastic bull, congrats. Well written report!

Not the qualified judge as many here are, but the black wildebeest appears to me to be monster of your different species taken. And a great story as always! Congratulations!

Not the qualified judge as many here are, but the black wildebeest appears to me to be monster of your different species taken. And a great story as always! Congratulations!
Red Leg a great hunt and a very good report. 5

Great report and an awesome Bull. Sounds like this trip was a huge success!

Very nice bull, congratulations sir!

Red Leg, I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted. I usually read everything you post. At the time I was competing in the National Pistol Matches at Camp Perry and followed up with an AH Group hunt with Paw Print Safaris. You obviously had a great hunt.

Yeah, same here, didn't see this till now. Great hunt and report, thanks!

Just re-read this fine report. That Black is a stunner.......................FWB

Very cool love how the bull took one for his team

Red Leg,

Not sure how I missed this report for several months (asleep at the wheel as usual perhaps).
I enjoyed reading it thoroughly.
Congratulations on a successful time there in the Limpopo vicinity.
The critters you took are all beauties and more importantly, the experiences you enjoyed will obviously remain in your fond memory forever.
Thank you for posting yet again another great report.

Best Regards,
Velp Dog.

Great hunting , great write -up, thanks for sharing...sometimes a person`s pre-conceive ideas/opinions could stand in the way of a great, great experience..glad you did not stumbled over your pre-conceived ideas about what you want a hunt to be...a mistake we all make along our hunting trips or planning there-of...(y)(y)

A well written report. Thanks. It was real nice to get an experienced articulate hand, give an account of hunting the Limpopo. My limited experience hunting SA had sort of soured me on going back. Perhaps I will put it back on the radar.

Nice report. There are some lovely large properties in that area around the Waterberg Mountains. And completely agree on the leopard situation. We saw big tracks several days when hunting the mountain concession I hunted for reedbuck, bushbuck, and klippy last June. Saw drag marks from a recent kill one afternoon, so we backed out of that area pretty quickly. Apparently they had 6 different Toms on game camera at this one concession and no tags for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg