SOUTH AFRICA: Up Close In The Limpopo - Hunting Cape Buffalo With Phillip Bronkhorst

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Thanks for the report and recommendation. I have wondered about the buffalo hunts in South Africa. It is good to hear that it is possible to have a quality hunt with self sustaining herds. Thanks again.

Neil Molendyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,CCFR
Hunted
Alberta Canada,Saskatchewan Canada, Namibia, Limpopo RSA, Eastern Cape RSA
Great looking animals, envious of the bushpig. Your buff is ideal, obviously older, hard bossed and wearing down the tips. Good to hear a good hunt report on ranched bulls that are not bought and dropped in.

Saul

AH elite
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
@Red Leg What a beautiful old bull! With regard to your reluctance about hunting buff on a fenced property, were you afraid that they would be too docile or the opposite?

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
@Red Leg What a beautiful old bull! With regard to your reluctance about hunting buff on a fenced property, were you afraid that they would be too docile or the opposite?
Regardless of their behavior, what I would refuse to participate in would be a put and take hunt for dangerous game. That violates my own personal perception of fair chase. I make no insinuation about anyone else’s decision in that regard. This hunt was anything but.

Sarg

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
Reads like you had a great hunt here, glade it worked out, some very good Buffalo hunting in SA, I like hunting them around the Hoedspuit area .

That sure is a beauty of a Bushpig, looks to have very big tusks, was it big in body to or do you mean the tusks on biggest you have taken ?

Always hard to show the size of Pigs & Cats in photos !

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Reads like you had a great hunt here, glade it worked out, some very good Buffalo hunting in SA, I like hunting them around the Hoedspuit area .

That sure is a beauty of a Bushpig, looks to have very big tusks, was it big in body to or do you mean the tusks on biggest you have taken ?

Always hard to show the size of Pigs & Cats in photos !
Both. This was the best I had seen or actually taken. I am right up next to him and not trying to make him look large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrcornett10

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ABOUT US

We believe that a hunter's experience should be cherished, and so we offer a service that honours those unique and special memories and equips you to tell your adventure story. Every part of your journey with us, from communication to craftsmanship is carefully considered in order to create an experience worth remembering.
Services Flyer 2.jpg
Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.