Soonest/Safest return to South Africa?

Just received word that our shark diving company in Gansbaai has been placed in "business rescue" guess that means no return of paid funds. Another Covid slam.

MB

Well, keep the faith. If they make it through the help from the business rescue practitioners, I'm sure they will honor your deposit.

Another stern job by the RSA government. :unsure:

What is business rescue in RSA equivalent to in the U.S., Chapter 11 or 7? Usually in 11, the business survives, in 7, it's liquidated.

That's is too bad for rsa... According cotur travel agency, Mozambique plans to open Flys from many countries including USA, Portugal etc, directly to Maputo and from Maputo. So maybe it will be green light for who is planning to hunt here in mozambique around August or end Junly.

Cheers
Aldo
Screenshot_20200615_210055_com.instagram.android.jpg
Screenshot_20200615_210055_com.instagram.android.jpg
Screenshot_20200615_210055_com.instagram.android.jpg Screenshot_20200615_210055_com.instagram.android.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200615_210049_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200615_210049_com.instagram.android.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20200615_205701_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200615_205701_com.instagram.android.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 58
What is business rescue in RSA equivalent to in the U.S., Chapter 11 or 7? Usually in 11, the business survives, in 7, it's liquidated.
No idea what it equates to in US, sorry I am Canadian and normally do every thing in my power to stop any sort of this when using my hard earned $$.

Directly from internet, not good for me as a paid customer I think.

The aim of business rescue is to restructure the affairs of a company in such a way that either maximises the likelihood of the company continuing in existence on a solvent basis or results in a better return for the creditors of the company than would ordinarily result from the liquidation of the company (section 128( ...

From same reading SAA has entered the same. Maybe some one from SA can explain better?

MB

I went to the Airlink website and tried to book a flight to Port Elizabeth from Joburg. Regardless of dates, all I got when doing a search was an error message. It looks like any schedules pre-covid are now invalid.

I'm confused. Is there going to be a direct flight TO Capetown from Atlanta. The way I read it, due to fuel and payload restrictions, there will only be a stop in Capetown from the flight originating in Joburg and terminating in Atlanta. Other than wishful thinking or misinterpretation on the part of the tourism bureaus, I don't see a flight departing Atlanta and terminating in Capetown. It wouldn't make too much sense to use that aircraft for a Capetown to Joburg shuttle.

Edit: "Delta Air Lines announced plans to launch one-stop service to Cape Town, South Africa, from its Atlanta hub, via Johannesburg".

As such, this is old news.

This is strange because I just logged into the Delta website and put in several arbitrary dates for early 2021... They show the aircraft as the new A350-900, yet they show it as a direct flight back to Atlanta. There is no Cape Town stop listed in the itinerary. (n)

They are awaiting approval from South African authorities. In other words, they haven't yet paid off the required "fees" to the proper politicians.

The feedback from industry leaders in tourism and other hospitality sectors that recently presented to government was that until Covid peaks in SA, it's a "moving target" as to when SA borders will re-open. They're pushing for September which seems unlikely. More likely sometime between October and December 2020. They seem to have conveyed to government the economic fall out a full tourism summer season would mean for our economy and jobs. The hunting industry will miss an entire season. The timing couldn't have been worse.

We have bookings in October that we're keeping for now but it's a 50/50 call.

I'm confused. Is there going to be a direct flight TO Capetown from Atlanta. The way I read it, due to fuel and payload restrictions, there will only be a stop in Capetown from the flight originating in Joburg and terminating in Atlanta. Other than wishful thinking or misinterpretation on the part of the tourism bureaus, I don't see a flight departing Atlanta and terminating in Capetown. It wouldn't make too much sense to use that aircraft for a Capetown to Joburg shuttle.

Edit: "Delta Air Lines announced plans to launch one-stop service to Cape Town, South Africa, from its Atlanta hub, via Johannesburg".

Hogpatrol, you are correct in that this has already been announced in some news article I read. Using A350s with a return through Cape Town. And Delta is wanting to start it on 24 October...BUT, SA and the US both have to approve it and as of now (a week or so ago) neither have approved it.

I was reading an article today on this new route for Delta. The new planes can make it to Johannesburg from Atlanta non-stop without issue. But apparently, even though they can make the return trip as well, the altitude at Johannesburg won't allow them to take off with a max load of people, luggage, and fuel. Therefore the short hop over to Cape Town where they'll top off with fuel before heading to Atlanta. Kind of an odd route and makes for a weird 'round trip' experience. It will be interesting to see how that plays out once it starts.

As far as I understand only the airlines that are south african are allowed to fly passengers on domestic routes, so people couldn't use this flight as a joburg to Cape town shuttle..

As far as I understand only the airlines that are south african are allowed to fly passengers on domestic routes, so people couldn't use this flight as a joburg to Cape town shuttle..

This makes more sense, from Atlanta, a flight to Cape Town, but only be for passengers with a complete trip ticket to that city with a stop and layover in Joburg.

The feedback from industry leaders in tourism and other hospitality sectors that recently presented to government was that until Covid peaks in SA, it's a "moving target" as to when SA borders will re-open. .........

The original "guestimates" on "the peak" in RSA was to be September.
With easing to follow as events warranted.
As you say, it's a moving target.

BREAKING NEWS SAA gets government bailout. Hopefully, this means SAA Express is back in business and I won't have to deal with AirLink's lousy schedule to Port Elizabeth.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/gov...und-new-saa-with-at-least-r10-billion-needed/

I disagree with the principle of the bailout, and how this has been carried by the taxpayers for years, but in all honesty, SAA would leave a BIG hole should it go down. Would rather have them, than see them disappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!