Newbie from Ohio

NickyMaz

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hello Everyone;

I am 31 year old US Air Force officer currently living around Dayton, OH. I am very interested in hunting but I am a newbie. Right now hunting in Africa is a dream, probably a gift to myself if/when I retire from the service. In the mean time my focus is on hunting North America (going hunting for whitetails here in Ohio with my new muzzleloader in January) and learning as much as I can about African hunting.

My dream safari would probably be in SA or Namibia going after plains game and cape buffalo.

Looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Nick, I am from Ohio myself. Thank you for your military service. You picked the best place to learn about hunting in Africa. This forum is awesome. I dreamed of hunting Africa for more than 30 years before I went on my first safari. It was well worth the wait, but, Take my advice, dream, plan and go sooner than later as you will want go back. I wish I would have gone years ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Going back for my third trip in 2015. Good luck with the upcoming muzzleloader season and once again welcome.

hi nick welcome to AH, and there are other countries in africa other than SA and namibia i promise you ;):D

Of course! My boss actually worked at the embassy in Zambia. He had some great stories and had nothing but good things to say about it. Don't believe he did any hunting while he was there though, I'll have to ask him.

Welcome to the forum Nick, I am from Ohio myself. Thank you for your military service. You picked the best place to learn about hunting in Africa. This forum is awesome. I dreamed of hunting Africa for more than 30 years before I went on my first safari. It was well worth the wait, but, Take my advice, dream, plan and go sooner than later as you will want go back. I wish I would have gone years ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Going back for my third trip in 2015. Good luck with the upcoming muzzleloader season and once again welcome.

I appreciate it. I've been stationed here for three years and I'll be moving out west to Nebraska in the spring. Looking forward to going after mule deer, antelope and more.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be eligible for retirement when I'm 42 so I have 11 years to save my pennies!

hi nick welcome to AH, and there are other countries in africa other than SA and namibia i promise you ;):D

You're just prejudiced Mike.

just wondering why your holding what looks like a SA80 in your avatar photo?

It was 2008, I was in Baghdad on my way to northern Iraq and was staying in a tent, a couple British soldiers were there and before we left I asked to see one for quick photo and they happily obliged. Very cool rifle, I like the bullpup design. I got to shoot (blanks) from a Styre AUG during an exercise with the RNZAF, great group a people.

Welcome to AH.

Start saving the soda money now and you'll be there sooner than you think.

Happy dreaming and planning.

gday nick , welcome to AH ,enjoy the site , and the hunting of your American game ,while saving for your African adventure .

nick welcome to AH

First, thank you for your service!!!

Second, welcome!

Welcome to AH, Nick!

Welcome to AH Nick! Nice to have you with us!

Welcome to AH Nick, the African dream may be closer than you think!

Welcome to the best forum on the web @NickyMaz Great having you on here!

You came to the right place for the best information, deals and more on hunting in Africa and other places on the globe.

Kind regards,

Thanks for the warm welcome. For those representing companies I am visiting your websites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois