AGNK

AH member
Reaction score
G’day all,
Long time lurker of this site and what a great hunting forum it is!!!....so I’ve decided to jump in!
Some back ground...I’m on the wrong side of 60, am from the land of “down under” (Australia)
Been hunting since 12, have a small amount of hunting utensils...22 hornet,243, 270, 303,3030,a couple O/U and a few SxS shotguns and I “roll”my own...and must not forget my hunting partner “Ringo”
(Pointer)
Mostly hunt red , fellow and sandbar deer, ....do /done a bit of “field trialling” with pointers...
So next year I’m stepping up to the plate ,joining the big boys club and going to RSA ...before I get to old!
Cheers

Well doing this unconventionally so to speak....
I have a business acquaintance who has migrated from RSA and is returning to see relatives....one of his relos apparently is a part time PH and knows quite a few properties....so basically he told me to write up a wish list of game I would like to to hunt and he will see what are the probables and possibles....I’m always one to take a risk so I might take him up on it!

G’day Doc,
Hunting stories? Here in Aus?
Well in my younger years did fare bit of pig shooting with dogs ....if you remember back in the late 70s there was a bounty for Fox pelts ...25 to 30 dollars each ...good pocket money to help pay hunting expenses...got into deer shooting up down the east coast from Sambhar down in vic/nsw boarder, fellow deer in the southern table lands , rusa deer national parks south of Sydney also hunted red deer south east of Queensland....in between all that ...hunted over pointers ...quail, hares , ducks.....you know the saying....jack of all trades master of none LOL....
The real hunting stories are on this great forum!

Welcome, I’ve been here only 9 months and going to South Africa next month.
Just jump in and do it! There are plenty here that will encourage you.

Well doing this unconventionally so to speak....
I have a business acquaintance who has migrated from RSA and is returning to see relatives....one of his relos apparently is a part time PH and knows quite a few properties....so basically he told me to write up a wish list of game I would like to to hunt and he will see what are the probables and possibles....I’m always one to take a risk so I might take him up on it!

Welcome. Sounds like a kid in a candy shop...........Enjoy!

Welcome aboard AGNK. I think you would be quite surprised at the number of AH members on the wrong side of 60 or those that are pushing it. Take your buddy up on his offer, after your first trip you will be "hooked." Please be forewarned, that continued use of this site will result in you needing a larger caliber rifle for the African game on your list. A 375 H&H would be a good start.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard AGNK. I think you would be quite surprised at the number of AH members on the wrong side of 60 or those that are pushing it. Take your buddy up on his offer, after your first trip you will be "hooked." Please be forewarned, that continued use of this site will result in you needing a larger caliber rifle for the African game on your list. A 375 H&H would be a good start.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I’m frilled to say the least to be in the market for a new firearm, I think the last purchase I made was in 96 ...it was a beretta 682 ... that year was when I was forced to surrender my Remington 1100 semi auto when the government introduced new draconian gun laws in this country

Welcome! With whom will you hunt in RSA? Tell us more!

I will be going with a business acquaintance I met through work....I relative of his works in the South African public service but also works part time as a PH

AGNK, welcome to the forum! Actually a lot of us are on the tough side of 70 on here. The 60s were easier IMO! But even in our 70s we’re still heading over the water for another go.

You’re going to have a grand time going with a friend especially!

Welcome to AH AGNK! Nice of you to join us on the posting side.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH.
Glad you relinquished your lurker status.
Enjoy the posting side

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg