New Member from Texas

smurgeon

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hello all,

I am a long time lurker and new member out of Texas here to learn all I can and hopefully set up my dream trip and safari to Africa.

On an unrelated note, is there anywhere locally (central Texas) I could get into a new Blaser R8?

Thanks!

-Taylor

Welcome to AH! Please let me know if I can help you plan a trip. I can't help you on the R8, but there's this @Red Leg guy that lives in the Austin area that might could.

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker and new member out of Texas here to learn all I can and hopefully set up my dream trip and safari to Africa.

On an unrelated note, is there anywhere locally (central Texas) I could get into a new Blaser R8?

Thanks!

-Taylor
;) We are near Austin. Shoot me a PM if that is anywhere close. I have an R8 or three sitting around the place that always appreciate a fondle.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH. You are on your way.

. . . On an unrelated note, is there anywhere locally (central Texas) I could get into a new Blaser R8?

Thanks!

-Taylor

Alamo Sporting Arms. However, pricing varies by dealer.

Welcome to AH! Forget the Blaser for now. Check out Biggerstaff’s .458 Lott Kimber Caprivi for sale here with a special deal just for Texans.
Never mind. I just saw your selling a .416 Remington Winchester M70 here. I guess the Blaser itch is real bad?

Last edited:
Giday Taylor and welcome to the A H forums.

welcome welcome welcome

do the blaser, you wont be sorry!!!!

Hello smurgeon,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard smurgeon. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. What and when are you thinking about hunting in Africa?

Welcome to the dark side, lots of guys on here that will help you spend your money...

Welcome, welcome!

Welcome to AH Taylor!

Taylor, welcome to the AH forum! Glad you decided to sign up! Lots of “Texicans” on here! A great place to be!
Best of luck getting your Blaser and making your first hunt to Africa!

Welcome aboard smurgeon. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. What and when are you thinking about hunting in Africa?
As a hunter I’ve dabbled here and there with most of it with family in Maine (white tails and moose). I’ve recently been spending my time with hogs and coyotes (Texas specials) but have been looking to expand the species and locations. Africa timeline would be the next 3 years ideally (as long as no deployments come my way).

As far as calibers go, I started over in the PRS world so I have reloaded plenty of 308, 6.5 creedmoore, and 300 win mag with various pistol calibers thrown in as well. I had a Blaser TAC 2 so I’m familiar with the action and thus me wanting to get back to another blaser.

right now though, I’m content taking everything in that the forum has to offer.

Welcome lots of knowledge and enabling behavior on this site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg