New Member from Alaska

Greetings everyone,

I've been following Africa Hunting for almost a year now. I have learned much from all you share. I appreciate the hunt reports.

I plan to hunt in Africa next year, and I'll be soaking up knowledge here until then.

My experience is not with hunting larger game, but with teaching NRA classes and the Alaska Concealed Handgun classes as well as bear protection classes to geologists who work in the field here. The most fun I've had is teaching youth to shoot rifles and pistols. For many years my team ran a unique youth program that ran 22 weeks each year once a week with 40 kids enrolled. Many of our kids stayed until they aged out as seniors in high school. I enjoy shooting in our local NRA bullseye leagues and grouse hunting in the fall.

Laura
I’m sorry. I found your post. My week has been crazy. I stopped following a few days ago. Stay safe please and keep an open heart.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome Laura ! Good to know you made it home safely. You had a very rough week, but this diverse group will give you plenty to think about.
Ron

Welcome to AH and thank for teaching others! And thanks for the info about Cal. Amazing how many of us he had contact with all over the World;) This is a tribute to him and this wonderful forum.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to the group-Africa hunting is wonderful and the people you will meet are life changing. But Like yourself I am happy just to hunt grouse close to home!

Hi Laura, welcome to AH !

Welcome and my condolences for the loss of your good friend. He died way to young.

Welcome to AH!

Laura, welcome to the AH forum! Thanks for working so much with kids and new shooters!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Laura

Greetings everyone,

I've been following Africa Hunting for almost a year now. I have learned much from all you share. I appreciate the hunt reports.

I plan to hunt in Africa next year, and I'll be soaking up knowledge here until then.

My experience is not with hunting larger game, but with teaching NRA classes and the Alaska Concealed Handgun classes as well as bear protection classes to geologists who work in the field here. The most fun I've had is teaching youth to shoot rifles and pistols. For many years my team ran a unique youth program that ran 22 weeks each year once a week with 40 kids enrolled. Many of our kids stayed until they aged out as seniors in high school. I enjoy shooting in our local NRA bullseye leagues and grouse hunting in the fall.

Laura
welcome welcome welcome

hi there

you are more than welcome to contact me for info on a hunt or any other info you may need about hunting in SA

regards

Howdy from Texas.

Hi Laura,
Welcome to the forum. We were so sorry to hear about Cal.

If you need any assistance regarding hunting South Africa, please let us know. We are always available.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Greetings everyone,

Laura

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88bvnme

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.