Looking for outfitters with big hunting areas (>=50,000acres) in South Africa or Namibia

StevenQ718

AH member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Looking for big hunting areas in South Africa or Namibia for my next safari hunt. Please provide details on hunting areas. Thanks!!

Regard,
Steven

Hi Steven,
First of all, welcome to the forum. Could you possibly inform me what species you are interested in hunting? Might be able to assist with your request.

Best Regards,
Marius Goosen

Hi Guys!

Looking for big hunting areas in South Africa or Namibia for my next safari hunt. Please provide details on hunting areas. Thanks!!

Regard,
Steven
Hi Steven, feel free to give me a shout, we operate a big 5 extensive area in Limpopo namely Waterberg Wilderness Reserve.
My best always

We can also help you with an area that size.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Unless a pressing reason for Namibia and RSA, might also research other countries for more options.

Hi Guys!

Regard,
Steven
Hey Steven. I think this company will check all your boxes. Main property is about 120k acres and is a few minutes from Etosha National Park. Brian has some great packages for 23/24 that I can show you as well.

These two are probably two of the most economical options....
Understood, possibly true but not 100% either. If comparing to two weeks in Tanzania or Uganda yes regular "safari" in RSA or Namibia is likely quite a bit cheaper. But there is the reality of a false economy to consider if comparing a "hunter's mill" safari to a more remote or better experience. Also, not much difference in logistics if long drive from JNB to hunt destination in RSA or flying JNB to other city in RSA versus flying JNB to Lusaka or Bulawayo or Maun or Tete or Windhoek.

Check out Quagga Safaris. They hunt on Manketti Reserve in Limpopo. 57000 acres. I hunted there in 2022. Great property and tough hunting, but great animals. I've hunted with Eric Visser and Quagga four times and he runs a first class safari camp. Beautiful lodge and great food.

Hi Guys!

Regard,
Steven
@StevenQ718
Read my hunt report titled hunting with Osambahe Nord ownd by Harol and Lizel Jacobs. The have 2 properties over 50,000 acres each. One in the Kalahari region the other in the the Gobabis region of Namibia.
Bob

Hey Steven. I think this company will check all your boxes. Main property is about 120k acres and is a few minutes from Etosha National Park. Brian has some great packages for 23/24 that I can show you as well.

@NTX
My wife and son fell in love with Etosha. Absolutely beautiful in its own way with amazing animals.
Bob

Hello @StevenQ718,

Welcome to the forum, we have several areas around 50 000acres plus in South Africa. We pride ourselves in top qaulity hunting experiences and trophy quality.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have, I am sure we will be able to cater to what you are looking for.

All my best,

Jacques

Hi Guys!

Regard,
Steven
Steven
I’ve just returned from hunting Namibia and South Africa with Frontier safaris. They own a130,000 Game ranch in southern Namibia and a beautiful 75,000 ranch in the Eastern Cape. You can find my hunt reports on here.
Happy safari shopping!
Philip

Understood, possibly true but not 100% either. If comparing to two weeks in Tanzania or Uganda yes regular "safari" in RSA or Namibia is likely quite a bit cheaper. But there is the reality of a false economy to consider if comparing a "hunter's mill" safari to a more remote or better experience. Also, not much difference in logistics if long drive from JNB to hunt destination in RSA or flying JNB to other city in RSA versus flying JNB to Lusaka or Bulawayo or Maun or Tete or Windhoek.
Seems the non-fenced options often were laced with villages and postoral cattlemen so the sound of jingling neck bells is a common sound as was bumping into them while out attempting to track wild game. The sight of snares seems to be a daily occurrence. Evidence of poachers is not uncommon beyond the snares.

I am not sure what Teddy Roosevelt experienced exists as a hunt today even if you had the USD $100,000s required to have a cast of 20 or more tending to you and your camp for several weeks.

I am 100% at ease with hunting where predators are mostly kept out by fencing, snares are unlikely to be encountered and game animals are mostly kept inside fencing away from domestic animals and active roadways.

Of course, my background may be unlike the typical person here. I have hunted pronghorn on an arid prairie by sitting on water and have hunted ducks on some of the only open water not frozen over that week in the midwest and have sat near a hickory nut tree to snipe red squirrels and hunted on snowy days for cottontails in recently idled cattle feedlots and roosted tom turkeys in the spring at sunset so am back there at first light. I have treed raccoons with dogs, chased cottontails with beagles and flushed quail and pheasants with dogs.

The prey animal was giving up a lot of its advantages by all of my tactics here in the States and the wild game inside fencing will be giving up a lot of its advantages. As will the use of a scoped rifle shooting sub-moa, the use of a range finder, using walkie-talkies or cell phones, etc.

I used to hunt with a recurve. I shifted to a compound bow. Used a rifle and shotgun. Muzzleloader. I find it amusing with ego battles arise over who is the true hunter and it seems the end discussion reaches one of two points. One is the hunter making his arrows from cedar as chips out an obsidian arrowhead to use with his homemade bow using gut string is the only true hunters. The other is if you are hunting in a legal manner then you are a true hunter.

A hunter can overlay their ethical guardrails with their legal approach to hunting though ethics are a personal thing and often the social norms around those ethics will vary based on your background and where you grew up and where you now live. I grew up legally using floating jugs with treble hooks to catch catfish. My current state deems that illegal. Was I ethical as a young guy using jugs? I would be committing an illegal act if I jugged tonight.

Go hunt. As often as you can. Use your obsidian arrowhead or custom made Rigby. I will have a cold drink around the fire with you. You may not want to have a drink with me and I am okay with that as you are a good person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg