Looking for advice, what are the best outfitters in the eastern cape?

"Looking for advice, what are the best outfitters in the eastern cape?"​

My favourite kind of question. (not really)
What is the best ......
:V Sword Fight:

I'd suggest reading ALL the hunting reports and get an impression of the Outfitters.
Then ask your own questions.
Honestly, there is no short
After I posted I realized what I wanted to ask was “what do you recommend” but it’s to late now

I have only hunted there once and it was with @KMG Hunting Safaris, Marius is a genuinely good guy and he will deliver on a great hunt. His staff and lodge personal could not have treated me better. There are a couple other outfitters on here I would hunt with, just on reputation alone, you have plenty of great options.

I hunted with Nick Bowker Hunting, highly recommend his outfit. Great value package hunts, excellent quality of animals, and huge expansive land to hunt. Free range animals with low fence ranches, excellent meals, top notch equipment, excellent website, what more can you ask for.

Crusader Safaris is top notch. Andrew Pringle is as honest as they come. Free range hunting all the way with huge concessions. Baviaans Conservancy is 450,000 acres. Some of the biggest International hunters have hunted there. Why? Great game and people!

I can also vouch for GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. Had a great trip with them last April.

Crusader Safaris is top notch. Andrew Pringle is as honest as they come. Free range hunting all the way with huge concessions. Baviaans Conservancy is 450,000 acres. Some of the biggest International hunters have hunted there. Why? Great game and people!
Good to hear. I have a hunt scheduled for next spring with Crusader Safaris. It's been postponed twice. Once for Covid and once for a scheduling conflict on my end. They've been very accommodating so far.

I'm hunting with Huntshoek in May, Hendrik has been good to work with arranging my hunt, I will write hunt report when I return in June

I can vouch for this and second those comments. He also specializes and prides himself on doing no high fence hunting. That also means you will be hunting indigenous animals. Personally I prefer hunting indigenous species in their natural habitat.

Asking the questions here and getting all the responses is seemingly half the fun.

I have hunted with these EC outfits (and site sponsors) and can recommend them all:
@LJ SAFARIS
@KAROO WILD Safaris
@KMG Hunting Safaris
I have also hunted with Rhinoster Hoek and recommend him as well but last conversation was that he is phasing out, not taking new clients.

All the best to you in your search.
Randy

Appreciate the kind words everyone. Thank you very much.
I'd be curious to how many hunters who are members on this particular forum have hunted with KMG, and how many positive reports are here now, 50? More?

I've been following Africa specific forums since maybe 2008 or 9. I think maybe Charlton- McCallum might be the only other outfit that might give some comparable numbers.

Hunted with both, that's some pretty good company to keep.;)

I have not hunted with them, but they were on my short list.
JPKleinhansSafaris.Com

I'm not sure comparing a long time sponsor to another newer sponsor is fair. I have never hunted with KMG but most certainly would based on the reports here. Nick Bowker who I hunted with was outstanding. He has not been on here nearly as long as KMG but has numerous excellent reports. I believe there are quite a few good Outfitters on the Eastern Cape. I would be more interested in the operators who are not good so all of us can avoid them.

Another vote for KMG Safaris..We've had 4 fantastic safaris with Marius and my son and I heading back in May this year.

hunted with @KMG Hunting Safaris in 22 was not home a week and booked for 24....if you want to go hunt with hunters who are passionate about what they do then this the only company that you need....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ara6336349

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you